Blood Pressure

Guest andyp421

Guest andyp421

Hi all,

First post on the forum so if this is stated somewhere else please let me know...

We're just about to start our visa app but I've been reading about blood pressure and was just wondering what the limit is before you get referred to a cardiologist? My BP is usually OK but I sometimes end up around the 150/90 mark (white coat syndrome I expect) and the GP has said this is OK as long as it doesn't get any higher.

Has anyone made it through their medical with this kind of reading or should I go back to the doc now and ask for a cardiologist's report just to prempt the inevitable?

Thanks

Andy

Hi all,

First post on the forum so if this is stated somewhere else please let me know...

We're just about to start our visa app but I've been reading about blood pressure and was just wondering what the limit is before you get referred to a cardiologist? My BP is usually OK but I sometimes end up around the 150/90 mark (white coat syndrome I expect) and the GP has said this is OK as long as it doesn't get any higher.

Has anyone made it through their medical with this kind of reading or should I go back to the doc now and ask for a cardiologist's report just to prempt the inevitable?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I doubt, if it will be an issue. As 150/90 is likely to be High Normal to mild (from what I read). If you can get a letter from the GP saying that you do not need any medication it wouldn't do any harm, a preemptive strike can’t do any harm.

My wife has mild BP and the Doc at the medical exam said it was no issue. Her results have been finalised and not referred. We took vigorous walks for about three weeks before the Medical and it was amazing to see the impact it has on the blood pressure – perfect if it’s stress induced.

IrishStew (OH)

Hi mine was about same 150/92

It was picked up at the medical and the doctor prescribed tablets.

So, as it was being treated and the tablets brought it down that was fine, no problems at all.

After all, people with diabetes, reflux and other types of conditions that need medication but are not current "illnesses" get in and pass their medical...

Good Luck !

Hi Andy,

I doubt, if it will be an issue. As 150/90 is likely to be High Normal to mild (from what I read). If you can get a letter from the GP saying that you do not need any medication it wouldn't do any harm, a preemptive strike can’t do any harm.

My wife has mild BP and the Doc at the medical exam said it was no issue. Her results have been finalised and not referred. We took vigorous walks for about three weeks before the Medical and it was amazing to see the impact it has on the blood pressure – perfect if it’s stress induced.

IrishStew (OH)

Guest andyp421

Thanks for the replies. Nothing like the stress of worrying that you might have high BP to give you higher than usual BP at the docs!

I'm working at getting it down naturally too since I have "a few" weeks before the medicals could be due anyway. Just need to get Christmas out of the way without missing out on all the fun.. :-)

A