Is the Visa Grant Letter all we need to enter?

Guest alex27

Hi everyone

My husband and I were granted our 176 visas in July.

We plan to go to Australia for a visit to validate visas in January 2012.

Please can you help...do we need to have a visa or anything put in our passports before we go? Or do we just fly with our Visa Grant Letter?

Also, even though we were sponsored by South Australia, it´s ok to fly to Sydney, right??

Thanks so much!

thanks for your help...cant stop feeling paranoid we are going to mess something up...was so scared that maybe they put the month before the date in their dates...we have to enter before 1/4/2012. I suddenly thought, what if that actually means 4 January rather than 1 April!! paranoid!!

Hi everyone

My husband and I were granted our 176 visas in July.

We plan to go to Australia for a visit to validate visas in January 2012.

Please can you help...do we need to have a visa or anything put in our passports before we go? Or do we just fly with our Visa Grant Letter?

Also, even though we were sponsored by South Australia, it´s ok to fly to Sydney, right??

Thanks so much!

Hi

A month ago we validated our visas, we took the letter along with us (like you we weren't 100% sure). But when they scanned our passports it was all done electronically.

So don't worry about it, just enjoy the trip.

Russell

Thanks for your help! The visa grant letter is so confusing...

cant believe we will actually be back in oz again after leaving 10 years ago on backpacking visas...feels like a dream come true...cant believe it´s really happening!

The visas are electronic these days. So attached to your passport.

If you want a visa in your actual passport you can ask for this also but its not mandatory. Just some people like to see an actual visa in their passport.

And yes, you can fly into anywhere in Aus to validate your visa. Doesn't have to be in SA.