176 State sponsored visa - Query re registering arrival with SA Immigration

Guest Caz&Al

Would anyone be able to offer any clarification about this issue.

We received our visa at the end of February 2011 and intend to move over permanently in 2013. We came over to Adelaide last month for the validation trip and to activate our visa.

We keep getting emails from Immigration SA stating the following:

Our records show that you have been granted a state sponsored skilled visa.Our records show that you have not registered your arrival online.

Immigration SA is required to monitor your residence in South Australia for the first two years after your arrival.

If you have arrived in South Australia, as required as part of your migration sponsorship approval, please use the below link to register now:

http://status.migration.sa.gov.au/survey/register_form?login=1665_65d170608d8e8fba

If you haven't arrived in South Australia, please keep this email and click on the link when you have arrived.

I am not clear whether we need to register the arrival of the validation trip or when we arrive permanently to Adelaide?? I am just anxious as I know that it is mandatory to go in 12 months and wondered if this is what they mean. I have emailed them for clarification but I got a standard email response back rather than clear response

Thanks to anyone who can help, Caroline

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi caroline, its april got yor email thanks will email you at the weekend.

In answer to your question, we got the same email so i just replied to the email with " our entry into adelaide was to validate our visa, not to stay permanently and once we migrate we will inform you of this". I didn't get any emails after this so persumed that that was fine.

Take care speak to you soon

April