Medicals before a case officer

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Hi, am looking some advice.

We have our acknowledgement from DIAC on 18th January and are debating wether to get medicals asap or to wait until asked for them.

We have no case officer yet

If we get them done now could it take months until visa granted and therefore we only get 12 months from date on medicals, which eats into the time we have to sell house etc or do we get them done now which speeds up getting visa

Am afraid that if it take 6months or so to get visa we will not have enough time to sell the house with the market slowing down.

Also I know it may seem a stupid question but at this stage with TRA being passed and fulfilling all the necessary criteria is it just a matter of waiting or can they just say no:wacko:

would appreciate any info as for the last year Stephen has been saying "WHEN we get to oz" and I have been saying "IF we get to oz". guess who is the pessimist in our house:goofy:

Thanks Jacqui

Guest louiesmum

Hi

I know lots of people do get their meds done before they have a case officer, we didn't, we also waited until we got the visa before putting the house up, in hindsight I wish we had done it earlier esp the house! But hindsight is a wonderful thing & now as we have visa's its easy for me to say I should have done it all sooner!! You have to do what feels right for you & way up whats going to give you less stress!! I dont think this is much help. Sorry! good luck with the decision

Guest Tracijbc

IMHO I would wait until you are allocated a CO and they ask for your meds. We waited and did everything as we were requested to do it, and had no problems. A mate of mine, also migrating, had their meds done last September and still hasn't heard anything about her CO or Visa. She is on a Skilled Independent and we are on an SIR if that helps.

Traci x

i guess it all depends on how quickly you'd like to move over!

we want to go not later than june so our house will go up within the next 2 weeks and we'll have our medicals tomorrow (:confused:)

and we haven't even full ack yet!!!!! which i do expect to get in the next few days really.

should the house sell really quickly (yeah right :goofy:) we'd just go into rented for the rest.

would save us the hectic decluttering and selling everything in the end :biglaugh:

good luck!

You could always have the medicals but ask the GP not to send them until you tell them. Sometimes there can be problems with the medicals and this can delay it by a month or two.

Lyn

We waited for the CO who gave us a date when the meds had to be done by, our agency advised us to wait but I know many people who didn't & front loaded with no problems.

Remember once the medicals are done the clock is ticking, they are valid for one year, unless its changed?

Angela