Which is the best route via singapore or Dubai?

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi Everybody again!

We went out last minute last june for a reccie and with being short notice and being 6 of us altogether we could only get flights with Emirates from Manchester (about 7hrs) via Dubai (with supposedly a 3hr stopover but with a delay was more like a 7hr stopover)then about 13hrs onto Melbourne(but missed our internal to Adelaide due to delay at Dubai).

Eventually arrived in Adelaide with the 4 kids what seemed like a week later soooo jetlagged!

You experienced jetters can advise me if they think going via Singapore is a better option even though there always seems to be that long stopover that must be a killer after such a long flight!

I believe there is a hotel room at Singapore that you can chill out in and freshen up how does this work and does it cost a lot?

Again would you say just keep going or stay overnight at Singapore to catch up on sleep etc..

We will have 4 youngsters with us so what would you recommend?

Just thoughts going through my head as usual seems to be just Australia 24/7 at the moment!Even getting on my own nerves one day up next day down.But that's how i'm going to be i've told myself now until we actually get there and get settled!:goofy:

Guest graandjac

Hi Gill, we went via singapore with singapore airlines who were fab, they do a flight that leaves Heathrow at about 10.30 ish in the evening every day which has a 3 hour stop over , in what must and has been for the past 10 years the best airport in the world. Then you arrive in Adelaide at aprox 7.30 in the morning which gives you most of the day before the jet lag kicks in, this was fab for us on our reccie:)Good luck .

Cheers Graham

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill, we went via singapore with singapore airlines who were fab, they do a flight that leaves Heathrow at about 10.30 ish in the evening every day which has a 3 hour stop over , in what must and has been for the past 10 years the best airport in the world. Then you arrive in Adelaide at aprox 7.30 in the morning which gives you most of the day before the jet lag kicks in, this was fab for us on our reccie:)Good luck .

Cheers Graham

Cheers Graham

That sounds great with just a 3hr stopover at Singapore (didn't know that there was such a short stopover)and the night flight would be ideal for everybody's bodyclocks especially the kids!We will just need to get internal from Manchester to Heathrow or even stay over at my brothers the night before who lives about 45 mins away from airport!

Thanks for such speedy reply!

Gill

Guest sarahsmartiepants

My brother and sis inlaw flew with them and said never again! I know someone else who flew them recently and were not impressed with the whole thing, but they did like Dubai, as they went on a "tour". From every one I talk to Singapore comes out top, followed by Maylaysia.

sarah

Guest cunnah10
My brother and sis inlaw flew with them and said never again! I know someone else who flew them recently and were not impressed with the whole thing, but they did like Dubai, as they went on a "tour". From every one I talk to Singapore comes out top, followed by Maylaysia.

sarah

Cheers Sarah appreciate that(what time is it your end!You must get up early)

Singapore it is then!Wish we could go 1st class but not a prayer!

Look forward to hopefully meeting up with you one day in the not too distant future!

You have often answered many of my queries and worries without even knowing!

And of course i will be looking for a good hairdresser!!!

Guest WhiteleyPoms

Can recommend the Singapore route as well - we did it last May (on our one week reccie!) You have about 5 or 6 hours stop over with Singapore Airlines but this worked out well. Going out we went for a swim at the rooftop pool at the Airport hotel (wasn't expensive) followed by shopping and eating - great airport for that. Coming home we went on a taxi tour of Singapore which we all enjoyed!

Good luck!

Guest Leanne & Mark

Well we thought we would br completly different and go the other way,

We are planning on a trip to florida on route, not completely worked out the logistics of it all yet but we are going to disney, then to daytona beach,couple of nites cruise to bahamas then possibly mexico before flying on to oz!!

i don't think we'd be able to afford again for a while so why not!!!!!:D

Guest Libby1971

JUst to add, Singapore are our preferred option too.

We booked through them and were really great especially when I wasn't well (stress/ nerves etc).

We have just booked our flights back with them.

The hotel transit room is I think what you are talking about - I think it is £40. Worth every penny I think, ensuite etc and a great bed. I m not sure how you go about booking it though, hubbie did that.

Good luck for the trip

Libby

Guest cunnah10
JUst to add, Singapore are our preferred option too.

We booked through them and were really great especially when I wasn't well (stress/ nerves etc).

We have just booked our flights back with them.

The hotel transit room is I think what you are talking about - I think it is £40. Worth every penny I think, ensuite etc and a great bed. I m not sure how you go about booking it though, hubbie did that.

Good luck for the trip

Libby

cheers guys!By the way Libby Enjoyed every minute of "Wanted Down Under" with your family!

Best one ever!

Loved your home as well those views are so to die for!!!!

Gill

Guest Nicky&Andy

:v_SPIN:Hi jill, sorry cant help with flight info, just had to reply, we've got 4 kids and also want a good journey when we finally get the go ahead, alot of fellow pomms enjoy a stop over for up to a week, im thinking along those lines although ive heard you have to have more jabs, its good to hear youve been for a reckie and your still going back!! if you hear of any good airline packages it would be grate if you could pass on any advice.

We stopped off at both with our kids. I would go for singapore everytime. Had a nasty experience in Dubai with my daughter , who was 10 at the time. Won't go into it - pm if you to know.

Guest graandjac

Hi Gill, after checking our info made a mistake:embarrassed: with the 3 hours thing, its infact it's 5 like dan said which is the same flight we did , singaplre airlines do 3 flights a day from Heathrow which give you 9,7,and 5 hour stop over, as the Adelaide flight leaves at the same time every dayand arrives in Adelaide in the morning 7.45 ish.

Cheers Graham

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill, after checking our info made a mistake:embarrassed: with the 3 hours thing, its infact it's 5 like dan said which is the same flight we did , singaplre airlines do 3 flights a day from Heathrow which give you 9,7,and 5 hour stop over, as the Adelaide flight leaves at the same time every dayand arrives in Adelaide in the morning 7.45 ish.

Cheers Graham

Cheers Graham Hey no probs 3hrs and 5hrs watever after that long flight either would be bearable rather than what i've heard some people have told me who had a 17hr stopover!

Gill

Guest cunnah10
We stopped off at both with our kids. I would go for singapore everytime. Had a nasty experience in Dubai with my daughter , who was 10 at the time. Won't go into it - pm if you to know.

Will send you a PM as i am intrigued!Must admitt i was very concious of not taking my eyes off my 4 kids for a minute in Dubai particulary my only daughter who is 8yrs old.She seemed to be attracting too much attention for my liking!!!!

Gill

Guest cunnah10
:v_SPIN:Hi jill, sorry cant help with flight info, just had to reply, we've got 4 kids and also want a good journey when we finally get the go ahead, alot of fellow pomms enjoy a stop over for up to a week, im thinking along those lines although ive heard you have to have more jabs, its good to hear youve been for a reckie and your still going back!! if you hear of any good airline packages it would be grate if you could pass on any advice.

Hi we know a guy called "mike" runs his own travel company!was recommended to us by our friends who emigrated 18 months ago to Perth.Worth a call he seems to get good deals.His number is 01422 35111(just ask for MIKE please tell him that i passed his number on he will find that amusing - really nice guy from New Zealand originally)

Gill

Hi gill

We are flying with singapore airlines out of manchester and it is a 17hr stop over!

timings as folows out of Mancheste 10.30

arive local time singapore 06.20 leave 23.45

arive Adalaide 07.20 local time.

long stopover but we are going to book a transit hotel and it saves trailing down to london.

Guest cunnah10
Hi gill

We are flying with singapore airlines out of manchester and it is a 17hr stop over!

timings as folows out of Mancheste 10.30

arive local time singapore 06.20 leave 23.45

arive Adalaide 07.20 local time.

long stopover but we are going to book a transit hotel and it saves trailing down to london.

Hi Ali

Thanks for that i remember you telling me now at the "MEET UP"

How are you feeling bet your on a rollercoaster ride at the moment!!!

Gill

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Cheers Graham

My mummy arrive thurs on singapore and lands at 9.05!

There is also a flight that connects with in the hour at singapore if you are lucky enough to get that!

sarah

Guest homewardbound

The two times we have been to Australia we have flown Qantas via Singapore and only had a 45 min stopover - just time to refuel and clean the plane. We then flew on to Sydney. I know that now you can fly direct from Singapore to Adelaide so presumably this would involve a longer stopover.

Hi

I travelled from Manchester to Adelaide via Singapore and stayed over in Singapore for a couple of days. I got a 4 star hotel for next to nothing, there was loads to do in Singapore. I booked via Jessica at Travelmood, they have a website now. I found them very good, helpful and flexible, I had no problems at all. Probably not everyones experience but that was mine. Good luck with your booking and have a great time wherever you stopover. Let me know how you get on and if you get a good deal anywhere.