Flights Booked !!!! Finally on our way......

Guest guest7008

Guest guest7008

:biglaugh: well after waiting 9 months to sell our house we have now moved out and staying with family.....flights booked for Saturday 18th February for all of us - 6 kids and shane and me!! i have booked 7 economy seats and 1st class for me - lol - I wish!! So have a huge list of things to do before we land...have a holiday rental sorted and then we can sort the rest when we get there!!

Thanks to everyone that has helped and given me great advice since we joined PIA - i have made some fabulous friends through this site and will be eternally grateful for that !!

i am sure i will be posting various " How do I do this" threads over the coming weeks....the first one being " How do i cope with a 23 hour flight with 6 kids !!!".......:biglaugh:

Hi Helen

We did the flight recently with 3 little ones. After me dreading it for months and expecting the worst they really surprised me and were fine! One of them slept most of the time on both legs of the journey.

Dont be afraid to ask the flight attendants for help and anything you need (ie crisps or warm milk in the middle of the night to keep one of the little ones happy). Depending on the ages of you kids lollipops come in handy for take off and landing. Not sure how busy your flight will be but look out for empty seats next to each other or ask flight attendants if flight is full and if no one sits in them grab them and then kids can lie down to sleep.

Make sure kids get the "childsized" headphones and if they are asleep when breakfast arrives ask the flight attendant for something later.

Hope it goes well

Sarah

Guest guest7008
Hi Helen

We did the flight recently with 3 little ones. After me dreading it for months and expecting the worst they really surprised me and were fine! One of them slept most of the time on both legs of the journey.

Dont be afraid to ask the flight attendants for help and anything you need (ie crisps or warm milk in the middle of the night to keep one of the little ones happy). Depending on the ages of you kids lollipops come in handy for take off and landing. Not sure how busy your flight will be but look out for empty seats next to each other or ask flight attendants if flight is full and if no one sits in them grab them and then kids can lie down to sleep.

Make sure kids get the "childsized" headphones and if they are asleep when breakfast arrives ask the flight attendant for something later.

Hope it goes well

Sarah

hi,

know this will prob be a very daft question - but we have never flown so far before.....so please forgive my ignorance.....are the meals/drinks/snacks/headphones free or do we have to pay extra for them?? we are flying with Singapore Airlines.....prob a really silly question but thought would ask anyway lol xx