• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1

      Visa application issues with over 18 year old

      My wife Liz is a registered nurse and has been working in Adelaide just short of 2 years. We are currently applying for a new visa (our original 457 visa runs out in Feb) and are going for the 857 RSMS visa. My wife and I are ok, but we have been told that as our son is over 18, he will have to apply for his own visa and could be declined, meaning he would have to return to the UK. We have also been advised that it may be better for him if he quits his job, so he will be totally dependant on his parents. This seems ludicrous! Anyone got any advice or comments on this?

    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Adelaide Hills
      199 times
      Look at the dependent child visa sub class 101 and take some professional advice. It is a dependent child visa and you have to prove he is dependent on you



    Similar Threads

    1. returning to uk and ? visa issues??????
      By darlo 2 adelaide in forum Aussie Chat
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 30-01-2011, 05:31 PM
    2. Visa 405-4 Year Investment Retirement Visa (temp)
      By richjop in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 17-05-2009, 04:35 AM
    3. One Year after our online application!!!
      By JulieDR in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 17-01-2009, 08:44 PM
    4. Job application of a 75 year old - Funnnny!
      By Roo1 in forum The Barbie
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
    5. visa application
      By hursty in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-01-2008, 07:02 PM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums