Where to settle?

Growler

Hi my partner Mandi and I are emigrating this year and have been told we will be working in the Woodcroft area. We are coming over on an RSMS permanent visa and are unsure as to where to live. We are bringing 4 cats over so we dont want to live on a busy route, we have been told Port Noarlunga is nice. We were over in July last year for work and stayed in Glenelg and saw hallet cove, we quite liked happy valley. We were only over for a short amount of time. We need to be in an area where there is affordable housing. Any Help would be appreciated?

Thanks, Bruce & Mandi

Hi Bruce & Mandi

The way we did it was I entered the our budget amount on www.realestate.co.au into all suburbs in Adelaide and I would look down the list - I did this daily, and got a feeling for the best areas for our budget. We knew my husband would be working in the city so we only wanted to be at the most an hours commute away.

We ended up buying a lovely property in Seaford Rise...we loved the area and it was close to the coast. We stayed there for 2 years, and have since moved to Moana - which is right on the coast.

Good luck - hope this helps

Sarah