176 - Request for Information. help!

aliogilvie

Hello all

I have had a request for some further information from our CO, this is in relation to proving employment for the period of time I wish to claim points for (5 years - same as for the skills assessment). Although I have initially searched the forums I cannot find any exact answers on this.

Firstly - they ask for a 'duty statement' - do they simply mean a formal job description for my post? I have the letter which my employer wrote for the skills assessment which does list individual things for the post and I can upload this but am unsure whether I also need to dig out a JD.

Secondly - they want payslips for 'the entire period being claimed for' and P60s, do they seriously want me to upload all 60 payslips for the 5 years? I can access them if needs be, I have half hard copy and half electronically as my company switched to a paperless system a few years ago.

Finally - as regards the more recent payslips being electronic, I assume it will be ok just to download and colour print them and then scan them in as normal, I am guessing they wont be able to tell this anyway, its just that they will look different?

I may be panicking about nothing but I thought I would run it by you lovely bunch!

Thanks in advance

Guest Adelaide_bound
Hello all

Secondly - they want payslips for 'the entire period being claimed for' and P60s, do they seriously want me to upload all 60 payslips for the 5 years? I can access them if needs be, I have half hard copy and half electronically as my company switched to a paperless system a few years ago.

Finally - as regards the more recent payslips being electronic, I assume it will be ok just to download and colour print them and then scan them in as normal, I am guessing they wont be able to tell this anyway, its just that they will look different?

Can't help with the first bit I'm afraid, but I had to upload all of my payslips for my work proof (although I wasn't claiming points, just the basic 12 months in last 24 requirement), including, bizarrely, one extra.

If they are electronic though, you don't need to print them out, just save them in pdf format, and then upload them straight to the document loader - that's what I did for all of mine, and they were fine. Don't right click and save as a jpeg or other picture though, as it tends to just save the background of the payslip and not the actual writing (which I did first and uploaded all of them like that before I looked at one and realised it had no details on it at all. Embarrassing, as once you've uploaded something, you can't delete it! :o)

Guest sam morgan1968

We lodged our 176 on the 5th of Jan 2012. Our Migration agent asked us for the same documentation and my previous employers informed me that they do not send out duplicate p60's. I have asked for and have been sent a statement of earnings sheet for each year - which my migration agent thinks will be OK. We haven't had our case officer assigned yet, but I am hoping this info will be sufficient. Can you please let me know how you get on as we are only a couple of weeks behind you in terms of lodging. Where are you hoping to settle? What jobs are you looking to go into? Would be good to share our experiences as we progress through the process.

Hope this helps