475 Temp Visa to PR

JHN5

Hi All

Bit late but Happy New Year to all who are here and all that are nearly here.

I was wondering if anyone recently had applied to move to a permanent visa from a 475. We can apply later on this year and I'm hoping for some hints and tips.

Laurie :smile:

Hi. I am going to apply for permanent residency from 475 next month. I was wondering if 887 is the best option? Also, does the secondary applicant have to do IELTS again? Hope not, we already submitted IELTS for the 475, but of course it's more than 24 months old now, it doesn;t make sense to do another one now??

I was wondering if 887 is the best option?

What do you mean "best option"?

Is PR not good to you?

[h=2]Which permanent visas can you apply for?[/h] You can apply for any permanent visa in Australia, however the Skilled - Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) is specifically designed for holders of a provisional skilled visa who want to apply for permanent residency.http://www.immi.gov.au

Hi Diana

Sorry, I got confused about 857 visa which was listed together with 887...

You say the officer didn't contact you at all, does that mean you didn't have to do medicals (or had you done them before applying)?

Thanks

Hi Diana

You say the officer didn't contact you at all, does that mean you didn't have to do medicals (or had you done them before applying)?

Thanks

We haven't done any medicals for 887.Didn't do any Ielts for 887.

Only APC(Australian Police Clearence).

Hi there

We applied for ours on 7 Nov 2011 and was granted PR on 13 Jan 2012 (so we are still celebrating). We were asked to fill in Form 80 and asked for police checks (as they said to wait until requested) . We didnt have to provide further medicals.

Its a stressful process but well worth it.

Good luck and PM me if you need help

Lisa

Ours took exactly 10 days from application to approval. We submitted the application online on the Sunday evening, received an acknowledgement on the Monday and the grant letter the following Wednesday. Easy!!

I hadn't used an agent for our original visa application and so was confident that I would be okay with the 887 application.

Thanks everyone for your replies and contratulations for your 887 visa grants!

I guess I'm stressing too much, will try and apply without IELTS and if they need one, will have to do it again (I spoke to DIAC today after waiting for 30min!!! and they said it will be OK to sit it after if the case officer requres it).

If we don't have to do medicals again - even better!

Great, now I have to wait for another 2 weeks, until the 2 years of living requirement are done (do you know by the way, if I can apply 2 weeks earlier - we are not going away, we'll still be here in 2 weeks anyway :biggrin:)

Hi all

Apologies for the delay in replying on my original post as I haven't been able to get on the internet.

Thanks for your replies. I've had a look at the DIAC site and it seems a simple process and now I know how you guys went with your applications I'm a lot more confident about the process. Would you all recommend lodging online?

Guest jonny no cash

Hi,We are just about to do this,The only thing we are not sure about is how to get UK police checks,woundn't mind a bit of advice on this if anyone can help. Thanks

Guest jonny no cash
I would definately apply on line. It is much quicker and very easy. As for police checks, if applying for 887 from 475 you only need police checks from Aus police.

Hi,just to ask is this the same for 457 visa

Hi there

We didnt do ours online and the process was really quick. The police checks you need are the National checks (Fed police in Canberra) - they take around 2/3 weeks to come back

Lisa

Hi, has anyone come over on 475 in their partners name as the main applicant, and then the other person is the one that worked and how does that work for the 887 application ? we came over with my wife being the main applicant and she couldnt work as she was pregnant and gave birth to our second child, I have been woking since they day we got here , so i will have worked full time for 2 years at the time of the 887 application . I know it is ok to do it, but is there anything different required for the application ? Also has anyone claimed the baby bonus after they got PR, i.e you have 12 months from the birth to claim and this should just abour leave us time from granting pr still to claim .

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi everyone,

Really glad this thread came up, 3 months tomorrow we'll be applying for PR, 475 to 887 with everything crossed. really hoping we DON'T have to do medicals again, as expensive and stressful.

My colleague applied on Sunday 15th January and got grant Friday 20th, 5 days! Same conversion,, 475 to 887, awesome stuff, they are really quick in that Brissy processing centre.

Good luck to everyone xx

Guest vixpinkbabe
What is the cost for the transfer of the 475 state sponsorship visa to the 887 permanent visa

Roughly $250 I think my friend said. Cheap as chips compared to the first time x

• 1 year later...
Guest merlino

Hi guys

Soz for bringing up this thread but going to apply for my 887 soon!

Is anyone willing to share his/her experience with me?

I am very interested to know the process, documentation, paperwork etc

My situation:

1. I moved to Adelaide in Feb 2011, started working in May 2011.

2. It will be 2 years of working and living in May 2013.

Documentation:

1. Proof of living: Are bank statements sufficient to show proof of living? I do not pay rent, gf owns the place

2. Proof of working: Are pay slips sufficient?

Glad if someone can share, that will help!

Cheers