SA's Sponsorship Validity Period‏

Guest Heather2011

Guest Heather2011

Immigration SA’s records show that you were granted South Australian state sponsorship after 1 July 11 but as yet, have not provided DIAC visa lodgement details to Immigration SA for a state sponsored GSM visa application with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Immigration SA is allowing applicants approved during this period an additional 30 days to lodge their visa application with DIAC. The TRN / BCC number and DIAC lodgement date for the applicant must be emailed to gsm.sa@sa.gov.au by Wednesday the 15th of February 2012 (please note: you will not be able to enter the TRN /BCC number into the Client Tracking system on this occasion).

Please note: This decision is final. Immigration SA will not enter into any communication regarding this decision as it is deemed to be "in the interest of natural justice with fairness to all applicants". There will be no further extensions beyond this 30 day period.

New state sponsorship applications approved from the 17th of January 2012 will be given 60 days to lodge their visa application with DIAC and enter their TRN / BCC number into the Client Tracking System

Just recieved this this morning...

I reapplied for SA as my original grant had expired. It was granted on 28th October and due to not being able to claim the additional points for English with DIAC, it lapsed. I resat IELTS and now have the additional points for 8s and therefore reapplied on the 23rd December for SS. My question is do you think i have to wait for my new grant or do you think i could lodge with DIAC under my old lapsed reference number? Or as it is now January it will be deemed as being past the 60 day time frame?

Any advice please

You have to complete your DIAC application within 30 days of receiving your state sponsorship reference number. I don't think DIAC will accept your previous application as the 30 days have passed. Could be a quick way to blow some cash...

Guest Heather2011
You have to complete your DIAC application within 30 days of receiving your state sponsorship reference number. I don't think DIAC will accept your previous application as the 30 days have passed. Could be a quick way to blow some cash...

Thanks Zidden

What confuses me is they have stated an additional 30 days, making it now 60 days.

Thanks Zidden

What confuses me is they have stated an additional 30 days, making it now 60 days.

Hi Heather

My reading of your situation is that your past 60days for the first ss application anyway and I take it that the Feb date they gave you is generally applicable as it is 30 days from today.

If it were me I would wait until you get your new SS.

However if you feel there is a risk of your occupation going off list, I would take the time to ring them directly and get them to clarify the email. It might mean a late night and £2, but well worth it if that puts your mind at rest. They are very helpful.

All the best

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Heather2011
Hi Heather

My reading of your situation is that your past 60days for the first ss application anyway and I take it that the Feb date they gave you is generally applicable as it is 30 days from today.

If it were me I would wait until you get your new SS.

However if you feel there is a risk of your occupation going off list, I would take the time to ring them directly and get them to clarify the email. It might mean a late night and £2, but well worth it if that puts your mind at rest. They are very helpful.

All the best

IrishStew (OH)

Thank You, i will do just that.

To me it looks to as if South Australia have changed their initial 30 days requirement to 60 days as from the 17th January. Correct me if you are wrong, but your first application was prior to this date and falls under the 30 day rule - hence it has expired.

However your second application will fall after the 17th January hence you will have 60 days with which to apply to DIAC.

Guest LynseyB

Hi!

I also received this email. My state sponsorship was granted on 7th November and I have been granted an extension till 15th February. Like the others I was confused as this was outwith even the 60 days so I emailed them and they said I definitely could still apply as long as I lodged my visa before 15th February. I worked out that 30 days prior to 15th February was when they initially emailed me to give me the extension.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Guest Heather2011
Hi!

I also received this email. My state sponsorship was granted on 7th November and I have been granted an extension till 15th February. Like the others I was confused as this was outwith even the 60 days so I emailed them and they said I definitely could still apply as long as I lodged my visa before 15th February. I worked out that 30 days prior to 15th February was when they initially emailed me to give me the extension.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Hi Lynsey

Thanks for the info, i had clarification from them this morning so my agent is on to it as we speak!...

Guest Heather2011
Hi Heather,

Do you know if the new validity period is 60 days?

Yes it is, only if you were granted ater 1st July. because i fell under the 30 day ruling they emailed me and gave me a 30 day extension to lodge my visa. i think the initial email was generic and went to all those affected by the change who hadn't yet lodged. if you are granted from 1st Jan you will get 60 days automatically.