Where to stay

Guest Chris Mark

Guest Chris Mark

We are planning on moving to Adelaide in Sept and are unsure about what to do about our initial accomodation,as we wouldn't want to rent a property having not looked around it. Bearing in mind that we won't have any of our belongings in the first few weeks, we were wondering what others have done in the past. We have looked at holiday type accommodation but this is quite expensive. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.

hi there

This was a similar post to one I left a few weeks ago! We are arriving in April and we are staying at the midway apartments :http://www.midwayapartments.com.au/ - mixed reviews on it but the worst seem to say that it is very small and may need a hoover but it's about $200 cheaper than most places so it will do us for a month. I also asked about what to do whilst waiting for furniture, a couple of SO kind people offered to lend us their furniture but we will probably buy garden furniture for our first long-term rental and make that do, buy air-beds for us and for our daughter (will come in handy when people stay/going camping etc) and we will buy a TV when we arrive as we are shipping our PC monitor over (which we are now using as our TV as we have sold ours ready for the move)

Oh, and there is an Ikea there - I know loads of people hate it but we don't have a lot of cash so will be so good for usjust starting up as we aren;t bringing much furtniture

Hope this helped a bit, I can always let you know how midway apartments are in April!

All the best and good luck xx

Guest Chris Mark

We are in Oxfordshire so not that far from you at the moment. Let us know how you get on in April. If you have any tips on schools or which suburbs to avoid we would be grateful. We are prepared for Ikea and have already downloaded the catalogue. Thanks for the swift reply.