Vetasses

Guest bevbex67

Guest bevbex67

Hi

Fairly new to the site posted once before but sadly no replies:(

My husband is an electrician and has been self employed for 24years. We passed through stage one of visa application bu twe have been told that he now needs to go and have practical skils assesment with vetasses

Just wondering if anyone else has done one of these and if so what does it entail..?

Guest Rachel1477

Our agent did this for us so sorry - no can help! We filled inthe form, posted off certificates for degree etc... then they did the rest!

All I can suggest though (as you obvisouley have internet access) is that you google it?

Sorry!

hello and welcome! :wubclub:

i think you mean the new practical tests for a few trades like electrician.

i don't know of anyone on here having done any of those yet so that might be the lack of answers really.

maybe try the bigger forum on pomsinoz?!?!

good luck!

Guest cunnah10
Hi

Fairly new to the site posted once before but sadly no replies:(

My husband is an electrician and has been self employed for 24years. We passed through stage one of visa application bu twe have been told that he now needs to go and have practical skils assesment with vetasses

Just wondering if anyone else has done one of these and if so what does it entail..?

Sorry can't answer your question but just wanted to say Hi!I'm sure somebody else will be able to help you though so good luck!When did you hope to arrive in Adelaide and have you been before?Do you have any area to settle in yet?

Gill

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill

No never been to adelaide before so no idea where we want to settle. Have you been before and if so where do you recommend.

Hi AGAIN yes we have been to Adelaide but just the once last June for a few weeks!

I really couldn't and wouldn't want to recommend any areas in particular as what one person likes another doesn't!It really is down to person choice and obviously where you get work!All i would recommend is go out with an open mind(and without the rose tinted glasses as a lot do)and rent before you buy just incase you rush in and make the wrong choice!A lot of people settle in the south a few areas to have a look at(on Google even)are HAPPY VALLEY,WOODCROFT,HALLET COVE, SEAFORD,REYNELLA,ABERFOYLE PARK(just a few that are quite popular)and from what i've been told further up north there is : TEA TREE GULLY,MODBURY,SALISBURY HEIGHTS,HOPE VALLEY,GOLDEN GROVE,WYNN VALE,VALLEY VIEW.

But as i say I couldn't recommend any but check these areas out yourself!They were all recommended to me!

Good luck

Gill

x

Hi,

We're just starting our vetassess journey and our agent is doing our work. My husband is a carpenter and he's got to do a practical - all tradespersons since 1 Sept 07 now have to do the new vetasses process, which includes the practical exam. I've pasted link to the website below and it gives you all the information you need.

http://www.vetassess.com.au/

Hope the above helps.

Take care.

Kim x:D