Accommodation for new immigrant in Adelaide!!!!

Asad

Dear All,

I have already got my 475 [Temporary Resident] visa on my passport. Now taking preparation for moving to SA. I'm not sure how can arrange on arrival accommodation there, as I don't have any friends & family there? I am sure not only me but also most of the new immigrant face the same problem.

I would like to request everyone to participate in this discussion to make it a guideline for new comer in SA about how to get a on arrival accommodation.

Please share if you know any organization who can help or any other service provider who can arrange cheap on arrival service? also share your story of on arrival accommodation.

Thanks in advance!!!

Asad

I don't think there is such a thing as cheap on arrival acomadation. Most short term furnished rentals are around $6-700 per week but are a much better option then staying in a hotel. You can book one of these for a few weeks which will give you time to get a longer unfurnished place. Lots of people on here advertise short term rentals, take a look through the rentals section.

Chris.

Hi Asad

Yep, when we first arrived (almost 5 years ago)..the goverment offered OAA (on arrival accommodation)..which was really cheap - but really basic. They stopped doing it now - so Chris is correct, its really upto yourself to arrange a short term rental.

There are a few of us that have short term rentals available - you can also check out http://www.adelaideshorttermrentals.com.au

Good luck and congrats on getting your visa!

Sarah

Hi Asad

Yep, when we first arrived (almost 5 years ago)..the goverment offered OAA (on arrival accommodation)..which was really cheap - but really basic. They stopped doing it now - so Chris is correct, its really upto yourself to arrange a short term rental.

There are a few of us that have short term rentals available - you can also check out www.adelaideshorttermrentals.com.au

Good luck and congrats on getting your visa!

Sarah

Thanks likesshopping for your informative reply. I will check that link and keep an eye on the blogs also. Hope that I will be able to arrange something before move. Please pray for me.

I don't think there is such a thing as cheap on arrival acomadation. Most short term furnished rentals are around $6-700 per week but are a much better option then staying in a hotel. You can book one of these for a few weeks which will give you time to get a longer unfurnished place. Lots of people on here advertise short term rentals, take a look through the rentals section.

Chris.

Thanks thebacons. Really 600~700 AUD per week is very high rate. Please pray for me so that I can arrange something in my budget before move. I would like to move with my spouse and kids. If I could not arrange before going there, in that case I have to leave my family in my home country and go alone there first :sad:. Then arranging everything I have to take them. I love my spouse and kids a lot, so I can't do that!!!