Waiting for 887 visa - driving myself nuts!!

Guest familygood

Guest familygood

Hi,

A bit of help please before I drive myself insane..

We are waiting for our 887 visa. We applied on 20th Jan and uploaded everything needed. We are fairly certain we have done exactly what they need as friends have done this recently and helped us out.

Just waiting now and to make matters worse we are under Contract with a House Sale (on some incorrect financial advice I wont go into it on here) so we need this to happen ASAP or the house will fall through....

Anyone that had lodged electronically I understand that you get your visa grant email sent in the middle of the night (by batch presumably) did anyone notice the online tracking system change before this?

I just rang the Dept and she wouldnt tell me much as I am not the main applicant (?) but she did say 'All I can say is you will be hearing from someone shortly' I am taking that as a good thing but really how long is a piece of string?! Very frustrating....

Anxious times.... :arghh:

Guest mimasawrus

Hi

We lodged our 887 visa application on the 1st November 2011 and it was granted on the 18th November 2011. The Email advising us that we had received permanent arrived mid morning, but the actual email with the permanent details for each applicant arrived through the night, so we knew before we got the official email that it was all ok, the email came the night after we got our approval. With regard to the the online tracking system did change the day before we received our email, I cant remember what it said but it did change, so we knew it had been looked at. I think if you have uploaded everything including Police checks you should not be waiting too long now. Good Luck

Laura

Hi, we applied on line at the end of November and only received approval on Monday this week. We thought ours would come through quicker as everything was pretty straight forward and uploaded everthing at the time of our application. Guess it just depends on who picks up your file. I know how frustrating the wait is, our status updated on the immigration website first then we received an email the next day. Hope you won't be waiting too much longer.