Stressful Week - Form 80

aliogilvie

Well, there was me thinking everything was in and uploaded after meds and police checks a couple of weeks back....and nothing was happening, no news from CO. Husband nagging to email and chase it up - so in the end I did email and ask if they had everything and yesterday got an email back saying 'Awaiting Form 80' :shocked:

Panic is not the word. We are nearly at the deadline for submitting info and I had no idea that this had been requested. Went straight back to the original email with request for info letter and right there, at the bottom was 2 lines, underneath the Police Checks section, saying Form 80 was required. How on EARTH did I miss that!?!

So what followed was a day pretty much of filling in the horrible form (seriously, they know more about me now than most of my relatives do!) and then laboriously scanning them in and uploading last night. The travel over the last 10 years was particularly difficult for us as we are intrepid travellers and have taken around 5/6 holidays every year plus other trips for business and we have also travelled independently (husband went off round Eastern Europe while I wrote my masters thesis a couple of years ago), it basically filled the entire spare sheet for both of providing that info. I am sure it makes us look like mental nomads. Oh well.

A couple of things I have had to bank on being ok were that I no longer have my actual National Insurance card - it was lost years ago with a lost wallet but because I know the number off by heart it has never been an issue but I notice they ask for ID docs to be attached. Also I know I have had previous passports but cannot find these either, hopefully this will be ok.

So, another day and evening of utter stress and pressure, I am crossing everything that that really is it now! I had an email this morning to say that the visa is now 'being processed' confirming receipt of the Form 80s so hope springs eternal....

Roll on a quiet weekend!

Ali

Sounds like a stressful day. If it helps I too had lost my original National Insurance card - didnt seem to be a problem - and have travelled extensively in the last 10 years both for work and pleasure. Whilst hopefully I got all trips in the right order around the right dates, as my passport doesnt record everywhere I went and when, I could only be as accurate as my memory! And here we are in Oz.

Good luck in getting the visa in the very near furure.

Well, there was me thinking everything was in and uploaded after meds and police checks a couple of weeks back....and nothing was happening, no news from CO. Husband nagging to email and chase it up - so in the end I did email and ask if they had everything and yesterday got an email back saying 'Awaiting Form 80' :shocked:

Panic is not the word. We are nearly at the deadline for submitting info and I had no idea that this had been requested. Went straight back to the original email with request for info letter and right there, at the bottom was 2 lines, underneath the Police Checks section, saying Form 80 was required. How on EARTH did I miss that!?!

So what followed was a day pretty much of filling in the horrible form (seriously, they know more about me now than most of my relatives do!) and then laboriously scanning them in and uploading last night. The travel over the last 10 years was particularly difficult for us as we are intrepid travellers and have taken around 5/6 holidays every year plus other trips for business and we have also travelled independently (husband went off round Eastern Europe while I wrote my masters thesis a couple of years ago), it basically filled the entire spare sheet for both of providing that info. I am sure it makes us look like mental nomads. Oh well.

A couple of things I have had to bank on being ok were that I no longer have my actual National Insurance card - it was lost years ago with a lost wallet but because I know the number off by heart it has never been an issue but I notice they ask for ID docs to be attached. Also I know I have had previous passports but cannot find these either, hopefully this will be ok.

So, another day and evening of utter stress and pressure, I am crossing everything that that really is it now! I had an email this morning to say that the visa is now 'being processed' confirming receipt of the Form 80s so hope springs eternal....

Roll on a quiet weekend!

Ali

OMG :wideeyed:

Ali

HI Ali, don't stress, some COs dont even look for it, see - http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/26118-form-80-so.html

Regards

IrishSTew (OH)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Don't worry about the NI card - I am another loser of it (why do they trust 16 year olds with a one time only card! argh!), and they never asked to see any old passports either - they only ask to see a scan of your current one as proof of id at any rate, they don't really care too much about the passportyness of it ifswim.

Don't stress, if its done then everything is fine and happy and tis all good :D But it is a bit boring filling it all in, isn't it?! :P

Well it sounds like things are moving, my manager just told me that she had a phonecall from DIAC earlier today checking my employer ref details! My manager is absolutely wonderful and told them that she will be 'devastated to lose me' (bless her, I will miss her so much) so fingers crossed that couldnt have gone any better! :jiggy:

Guest Adelaide_bound
Well it sounds like things are moving, my manager just told me that she had a phonecall from DIAC earlier today checking my employer ref details! My manager is absolutely wonderful and told them that she will be 'devastated to lose me' (bless her, I will miss her so much) so fingers crossed that couldnt have gone any better! :jiggy:

Wow, that's interesting - first person I've heard who has actually been checked as it were - seems then that peeps who don't want their bosses to know really should let DIAC know the situation!

Glad things are ticking along, and that your work don't want to lose you, always nice to know :D Be down under in no time :D

Guest joseph1801

Roll on a quiet weekend!

Ali

Hi Ali,

Can I ask who you emailed for info? I am in the same situation - missed requirement to upload form 80 (just done it today) and I wanted to check if there were any other things missing from my application becasue I havent had a CO assigned yet (after 31/2 weeks). Glad to see back of Form 80 - just hoping there's nothing else lurking round the corner!

Thanks

Hi Joseph

I emailed the address from the bottom of the letter requesting information which was signed off by our CO herself so without you having been assigned a CO yet I dont know what to suggest to you. I would say probably wait for a CO and go from there as you will need to know which team to address such queries to, having waited 3.5 weeks you surely can't be far off being assigned one, I would hope.

Ali

Guest joseph1801

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the advice.

I used the GSM post-lodgement enquiry form on the diac website to ask whether anything was missing from my application.

My worry is that I have missed something and that my application will lapse rather than have a CO assigned who will request further supporting documentation. (it went to 'being processed further' about a week after lodging which seemed to be a good sign, but nothing since). I see that processing times for having a CO assigned are currently "within 4 weeks of lodgement". I guess this isnt a hard and fast rule, but if I dont get a CO assigned soon I guess I will have to give them a ring. This whole process is a bl**dy nightmare!!!

Good luck with yours.

• 1 month later...