It's been a while but .........................

clan mac

Hi all,

Clan Mac here!!! Not posted for a long time but hoping to be packing up our stuff and landing in SA as soon as our house sells (groan!!!!!). We got our visa 176 last March, validated in July 2011 and returned home to fix our house up ready for selling. Everything is done now and the house will be on the market by the end of the month. The housing market here is pants so we've got no reasonable idea when we will be landing. Given the current market conditions we hope it is soon but ..........I am thinking to myself what will I do if it doesn't sell quickly?????????? I feel as if we are in some kind of limbo but yet I feel lucky to have a great new life down under to look forward to!!! We loved loved loved Adelaide and it's wonderful people. I know it's going to be hard in the beginning, and I accept that we will have to work very hard to achieve the outdoor Oz lifestyle we so crave. Coming onto the site this morning reminded me that there is a huge support and information network on here just a click away! Sorry for being a fair weather member I promise to post regularly!!!!!

clan mac xxxx

Putting the house on the market is another step closer to reaching your goal! We managed to sell ours in just over 2 months with Xmas and new year in the middle. We did start to feel desperate as it seemed to take forever and we had about 15 viewings that came to nothing but in reality it was actually very quick in today's housing market. As everyone says, it only takes one and if the price is right then someone will buy.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Lyn x

Wow - now see that's what I'm talking about! Many thanks for all of your replies and kind messages! It is a lovely sunny day today (for a change!) and seeing these nice posts have really cheered me up. As you say Ian Mc MV is a nice area with good local links to schools and the city centre I really hope it sells soon!

@Malkitek hi again, I think we spoke before around about the time of the medicals (last March????) you still up for a zumba class with me??????

Hey guys keep your fingers crossed for us please. In my "ever the optimist" mode I have even checked flight prices!!!!! I promise to keep you informed as soon as I know anything.

Zumba hugs

Lorraine and the clan xxx

Hey Lorraine, I am new to the forum but in the same position as you...... Our visas arrived today and we are just waiting on our house sale too! We are a famiyl of 3 Dawn and Rick and little girl who is 1..... good luck to you! SEEYA ON THE OTHER SIDE!! XX

Guest RobJ1978

Fingers crossed for you. We got an offer on our house by the first viewer two days after the sign went up....now its just the long process of paperwork......sending you positive vibes.x.x.x.

Nic

Wow - now see that's what I'm talking about! Many thanks for all of your replies and kind messages! It is a lovely sunny day today (for a change!) and seeing these nice posts have really cheered me up. As you say Ian Mc MV is a nice area with good local links to schools and the city centre I really hope it sells soon!

@Malkitek hi again, I think we spoke before around about the time of the medicals (last March????) you still up for a zumba class with me??????

Hey guys keep your fingers crossed for us please. In my "ever the optimist" mode I have even checked flight prices!!!!! I promise to keep you informed as soon as I know anything.

Zumba hugs

Lorraine and the clan xxx

Hi Lorraine,

how long ago do those medicals seem! And I was so stressed! My hubbie has overused the fantastic health system since he got here too, through sheer bad luck!

yep, still up for Zumba, there are a few classe around here, if only I can motivate my chubby bum to them! :)

keep in touch

gill x

• 2 months later...

Hey Gill, been a while since I was last on here feeling really scunnered this morning and then I read the nice replies. Just praying that somebody somewhere has the cash to buy soon. Feel stuck in limbo here, can't focus on the here and now for thinking about the future, then when I try to imagine us all there I feel as though it will never happen. Trying not to be a bummer it's so unlike me but gonna pull my socks up and try to just get on with it. No worries on the zumba front as soon as I'm there me and you are gonna Zoooooommmmmmbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaa! Lovely to hear from you and I will keep in touch. thanks for all kind replies folks.

Zumba hugs Lola xxxx