Anyone moving to Adelaide in April?

tori0609

Guest duggy281

In Burnley in lancashire (another good reason for getting out of here)

Weeks flying by and so much to do and sort out before we go.

It will all be worth it when we can walk down the beach everyday and do a lot more things out doors with our two young boys

We are leaving on March 24th (5 weeks on Sunday!). Shipping our stuff next week so all quite stressful at the moment!

Will be getting really excited once the next week is over!

Maybe see you down there! Good luck!

Lyn x

My thoughts exactly! THough hoping I can hold on to my sanity throughout this whole process as at the moment it all seems like a dream!

In Burnley in lancashire (another good reason for getting out of here)

Weeks flying by and so much to do and sort out before we go.

It will all be worth it when we can walk down the beach everyday and do a lot more things out doors with our two young boys

Lyn, I feel your pain! Our stuff isn;t getting shipped until 2nd Aprila nd we leave UK on 5th April - I wish I could pack it all myself!!!! Where in Dorset are you? we are in Salisbury so very near to you! DO you have children? We have a little soon-to-be 2 year old. ANy ideas where you are heading for when you get there?

We are leaving on March 24th (5 weeks on Sunday!). Shipping our stuff next week so all quite stressful at the moment!

Will be getting really excited once the next week is over!

Maybe see you down there! Good luck!

Lyn x

Guest duggy281

We have 2 young boys one at 3years 5 months and one at 22 months i cant wait to take them both down to the beach when ever we have free time instead of being stuck in the house because it is raining or to cold to go out.

Roll on the 22nd May:jiggy:

Lyn, I feel your pain! Our stuff isn;t getting shipped until 2nd Aprila nd we leave UK on 5th April - I wish I could pack it all myself!!!! Where in Dorset are you? we are in Salisbury so very near to you! DO you have children? We have a little soon-to-be 2 year old. ANy ideas where you are heading for when you get there?

Hi Tori,

Yes, I agree about wanting to pack myself! Doesn't really feel like we're making progress....just selling and chucking out stuff we don't want to take but not actually packing anything! :/

We live in Verwood in Dorset but soon to be living with my parents in Bournemouth. Yes, you're very close in Salisbury! We have a 5 year old (he was born in Salisbury hospital btw!). Not exactly sure where we'll be living yet, but looking somewhere between Hallett Cove in the south and Semaphore in the north. Have a holiday let sorted in Glenelg for when we first arrive.

Whereabouts are you looking at?

Lyn x

Duggy - We have a 22month little girl too! I'm a little bit nervous about the flight with her but we are stopping off at Singapore for a few nights so looking forward to going back there and taking her to the zoo etc befor ereality kicks in - know what you mean exactly - I keep having to say'no the park is closed today because it's too cold!' - her little fingers freeze in the park at the moment!!

Bring on the sunshine and our futures!

Lyn - we are so close! Who are you flying with? We are looking at lots of areas - we have decided to rent for the first year until we decide where we want to stay for longer, so hallet cove, sheidow park, reynella, happy valley, morphett vale etc. Ok, we have no idea until we get there! We are staying at Midway Apartments which is nearer to the city centre for a month whilst we try and sort everything out!

Guest duggy281

Hi Lyn

Sorry to ask again but where abouts did your OH find the job he as been offered and what line of work his he in.

Need to find work asap when we arrive.

I am a uk quqlified electrician.

Duggy.

Hi Lyn

Sorry to ask again but where abouts did your OH find the job he as been offered and what line of work his he in.

Need to find work asap when we arrive.

I am a uk quqlified electrician.

Duggy.

Hi Duggy,

He's been offered a job with the company he works for in the UK. He's in the aviation industry.

Lyn x

Guest Dazzlin

Hi,

We're leaving 10 weeks today and arriving a week later after a well-deserved break on Sentosa Island in Singapore. Very excited but strangely not wishing the time away. Quite enjoying doing lots of things for the last time (until the next time that is!).

We haven't found short-term accommodation yet but are hoping to ultimately end up on the edge of the Hills facing the ocean. Trouble is that could be anywhere from the North East of the city to the South so lots to explore when we get there!

Good luck everyone. We'll be monitoring the forum for opportunities to meet up.

Daren

I just want to say I feel for you.

Arriving April is autumn and its a while til spring...you miss out on a summer.

Through experience with others we have met it is always seems harder to settle down coming out then.

We are from Preston/Rochdale have been here 4 years and live at Aldinga Beach...

I love it here and gosh compared to Burnley its fantastic !!

Best of Luck, safe journies and please do use this site for advice !!

Lynne

I just want to say I feel for you.

Arriving April is autumn and its a while til spring...you miss out on a summer.

Through experience with others we have met it is always seems harder to settle down coming out then.

We are from Preston/Rochdale have been here 4 years and live at Aldinga Beach...

I love it here and gosh compared to Burnley its fantastic !!

Best of Luck, safe journies and please do use this site for advice !!

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

We haven't had a "summer" in the UK since 2003. I would rather be living in chaos through the winter without furniture and trying to sort out a new home then we can finally relax and enjoy the next summer when it arrives! Still, I take on board what you are saying!

Glad to hear that you love it there!

Lyn x

Hi Lynne,

We haven't had a "summer" in the UK since 2003. I would rather be living in chaos through the winter without furniture and trying to sort out a new home then we can finally relax and enjoy the next summer when it arrives! Still, I take on board what you are saying!

Glad to hear that you love it there!

Lyn x

Hi Lyn,

You are arriving March so you will get autumn which is still far better than summer in uk lol

Good luck and I hope you settle in soon....

Enjoy the next few months and consider all your decisions carefully

Lynne xxx

Guest Guest8609

Hi! We're leaving on the 26th of April with stops in Singapore in Darwin. So we'll arrive on May the 5th,I think.

We've already booked some places to stay, but honestly - somehow it doesn't sink in. Maybe it will when I hand in a notice at work :D

We're excited but a bit worried too - about the jobs. It looks like there is no real demand on our jobs (IT) even though we were state-sponsored.

Well, we'll see.

Guest RobJ1978

Hi,

We are hopefully coming on 9th or 16th April.....and are looking at seaford, happy valley, noarlunga, seacombe(?)...dunno really, anywhere nearish Flinders. Got a holiday rental at seaford.

Nic

Hi There,

My self and my wife and 2 year old daughter are moving in March/April still waiting for exact date but we can't wait, still to arrange shipping etc etc but hoping to move to ferryden park but we have also looked at Semiphore.

Good luck with your move, maybe catch up in OZ