• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1

      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Kuala Lumpur
      0 times

      Question Suburbs?Primary School? Driving License?Rent !!! - stressed.com

      Hurray! Our flights are booked for May. We can feel the excitement and stress. So many things to complete in next 2 months time! Just managed to book a 2BR apartment for 3weeks for temporary stay. Hope to find something by that time. Need some advise for other points.

      - We are torn between Unley, Burnside, Linden Park, Parkside suburbs. We wanted to near to CBD. Our budget is max 300 pw for 2BR house/apartments. Also good primary school and locality will be deciding factor. I believe Burnside,Linden Park and Unley primary school are quite good based on the net and other discussion. It seems they have very few children play ground on those locality. May we have some views?

      - I am driving for last 11 years at Malaysia and I believe my international driving license will not add much value since Malaysia is not in the list. What are process to get SA driving license? Any recommended driving school which can help me to get the SA license faster. Without car it would be difficult to manage with two kids.

      - Since May onwards it will be winter, so room heater will be absolutely important for us and I believe we might not have the same on the rented house. Any idea, how much it will cost for portable room heater?

      Appreciate your response.


    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      Linden Park school is a good one, there are children from many different backgrounds at this school and International students from Korea come for a term or a year. The school has a nice big grassed play space and play equipment. In these suburbs you mentioned there are quite a few small play parks. They are dotted about on small grassed reserves. You can buy many types of heaters. We use a portable electric combustion heater, these can be bought for as little as $ 40-50, but some older apartments have a gas heater already inserted in the living room. Some apartments may already have air-conditioning which heats and cools. You will just have to see what the places you like have. For $300 in the areas you mentioned you will be more likely to get an apartment, especially if you only need 2 BR , a house would be more expensive rent. Have a look on www.realestate.com.au under rentals for those areas you have mentioned. Linden Park is within walking distance to Burnside shopping centre. Unley also has a shopping centre with supermarkets, etc which for most of the Unley area would be a walkable distance while you get your drivers licence.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.



    Similar Threads

    1. primary school in north east suburbs????
      By darlo 2 adelaide in forum Kids Down Under
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 28-09-2011, 08:34 AM
    2. new driving license
      By Adelaide_bound in forum Shipping
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 06-06-2011, 02:15 AM
    3. Driving license
      By TheHarrisonFamily in forum Shipping
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 16-01-2011, 11:12 PM
    4. driving license ?
      By Bachmann in forum Shipping
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM
    5. Driving License
      By julianh in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums