Childrens high-back boosters

flossybeth

Hi,

I have read the sticky on childrens car-seats but I'm just wondering where we might fit in - we have 3 children aged 10,9 & 7 who all still use a high-back booster in the car here in the UK. This is because they're not quite tall enough to sit in a "grown-up" seat-belt just yet.

When we move would we be ok to use these in SA as it seems that over 7's only need a booster if they aren't 140cm? or are they still illegal just because they're not made in Australia?

Thanks.

Would still be illegal as I understand it. Not approved to Aus standards.

IIRC Safe n Sound are now making high back boosters to an older age and maybe one or two other companies. They are installed with the top tether as well as the seatbelt.

Perhaps drop me a PM if you want a bit more info and some thoughts....?

Guest kfoley0681

no you can not use your uk car seats unfortuatly as they do not meet australian standards. it goes on age and weight here but if you feel they need one you can buy just boosters pretty cheap, but if you want to check the weight etc with your childrens take a look at the raa website has the info on there!!