Child visa 101 help

laura22

I am 22 years old, studied NVQ2 and NVQ3 Beauty therapy and NVQ2 hairdressing and completed in 2009.

My Mum Dad and Brother live here in Adelaide and are permenant residents.

I have a older sister in the UK, married with children.

I live with my Mum and Dad and not working (cant because on a tourist visa) and thinking about going back to school full time, i rely on my parents for everything. If i got sent back to the UK i would have nothing i have lived here for 2 years 2 months on different visas.

Am i able to get a child 101 visa???

Please help. any advice???

I am 22 years old, studied NVQ2 and NVQ3 Beauty therapy and NVQ2 hairdressing and completed in 2009.

My Mum Dad and Brother live here in Adelaide and are permenant residents.

I have a older sister in the UK, married with children.

I live with my Mum and Dad and not working (cant because on a tourist visa) and thinking about going back to school full time, i rely on my parents for everything. If i got sent back to the UK i would have nothing i have lived here for 2 years 2 months on different visas.

Am i able to get a child 101 visa???

Please help. any advice???

Hi Laura

When did your Parents move to Australia and were you included in their visa? How old were you when your parents' visa was granted? I'm asking because I have come across another situation where the Daughter was worrying and everyone was discussing the possibility of a Student Visa for her but then it transpired that she had been included in her Parents' visa and she had been a Permanent Resident all along, so the first thing to discover is whether or not you were, in fact, included in your Parents' visa.

It is too soon to say whether or not a Child visa might be possible for you. Somebody would need to ask many more questions before s/he could determine your eligibility.

If I were in your shoes, I would definitely arrange to go and see a Registered Migration Agent called Dave Brooking and discuss the whole situation with him. He lives in Adelaide, so he can't be that far away from you!

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARDetails.aspx?ud=5751&BackToSearch=True&FolderID=394

Dave does not have a fancy website because he has retired from another career so he's not desperate for the money. He prefers just to look after a few clients at any one time and to find the client by word of mouth recommendation such as this one. From your point of view, that is excellent because you are not going to be asked to pay for Dave's non-existent website and you won't be Client Number 151 in a heck of a long queue of other people needing attention, either.

I sent another Poms in Adelaide member to Dave Brooking a few weeks ago. He has done a fantastically good job of sorting out the visa problems that the other PiA member (Dave's client) experienced. He and the client have both been copying all of their e-mails to me and the client and I are both absolutely delighted by what a great help Dave Brooking has been.

Good luck, honey.

Cheers

Gill

They came over the same date as me January 11th 2010.

They didnt put me on the visa as i was 19 and was unsure on what i wanted to do and didnt want to leave a ex bf ect.

I have emailed Dave, but i dont see what can be done as i have spoke to lawyers before and just going round in circles.

Thankyou

They came over the same date as me January 11th 2010.

They didnt put me on the visa as i was 19 and was unsure on what i wanted to do and didnt want to leave a ex bf ect.

I have emailed Dave, but i dont see what can be done as i have spoke to lawyers before and just going round in circles.

Thankyou

Hi Laura

Dave Brooking will not let you or your family down, honey. That is for certain. I would never recommend a migration agent who could not be trusted not to let people down, so please don't distract yourself by worrying about this notion.

Can you please tell me about your Parents' visa? Is it a skilled independent visa or is it employer-sponsored?

In the last resort, you can always get a Student visa, so there is no need to panic or to worry unduly.

In your first post, you said that you have been living in Adelaide for 2 years and 2 months so far. You have said that you are on a tourist visa at present. Please tell me:-

Have you had a subclass 417 Working Holiday visa as yet?

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/

Your current tourist/visitor visa: which visa is it and what is the permitted period of stay?

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/visa-options.htm

You say that you were 19 when you first went to Australia. Presumably you already had both of your British NVQ qualifications by then? Have you spent any time studying since you arrived in Australia? If yes, what subject(s) have you been studying?

With this visa stuff, it is necessary to be ultra-precise, so although I am sorry to ask so many questions, it is essential to ask them and to insist on knowing the answers, as Dave Brooking will confirm. It is impossible to know what to do next without having a complete picture of things that have already happened.

So please don't worry, Laura. Please just get your Mum to help and do your best to answer my questions between you.

Cheers

Gill