ILETS Test

Guest mingmen

Guest mingmen

Hi, im applying for state sponsership, which seems to waiver the ilets thing if you have a uk passport, however im applying for 25 points for my language level so im wonderin if i would still need to do it and if you need to revise for it before you take it, or is it really an easy test for a native engish speaker???:GEEK:

Hi, im applying for state sponsership, which seems to waiver the ilets thing if you have a uk passport, however im applying for 25 points for my language level so im wonderin if i would still need to do it and if you need to revise for it before you take it, or is it really an easy test for a native engish speaker???:GEEK:

Hi,

you will have to take it if you need 25 points as it's only 15 without it, I have not done it myself but you may need to revise if it has been many years since you left education and do not do much reading and writing in your job. It costs £90 and can be taken as many times as you need, if time is not too important.

Simon

Hi,

As the first reply stated, you would definitely have to do it to be able to claim the full 25 points for English.

You need to score at least 7 out of 9 in each section (reading, writing, speaking, listening) - that's a mark based on your overall answers, there are a lot more than 9 questions in each section!

If English is your first language you really should breeze it, I did it in October and got 9 in each section.

To try and describe it, if you did a foreign language at GCSE level, try and imagine that but for English!

When you apply for the test, for an extra £10 (I think) you can get a revision pack, I went for it and would recommend it as it gives examples of what to expect, you can also get some just by searching for Ielts on Google.

Good luck.