Medicals

Roberts Family

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

It really depends where you go to have them done.

We are in Cheshire and had the medicals done in Preston around 25miles away. Our X-raywere completed at a BUPA hospital outside Preston, split sites.

It also depends on how old your daughter is. Age 11 I think they are classed as adult and need the x-ray completing which will bump up the price.

Hannah is 8, and with 2 adult medicals it cost £399 I think it was - this included the £150 for the x-ray's for me and hubby. We found this to be the cheapest in our area.

I would strongly recommend you get the list of approved medical centres once you have been requested to attend the medical and find a few in your area and ring round.

Hope this helps!

Guest Rachel1477

Hi the Roberts family... looks as though you are following the same kind of timelines to us. I got the list of approved doctors yesterady and now need to start phoning around to see which is the best price! Where are you guys based?

Rachel

Hi there, we are in Scotland and just had our medicals this week at Bonnyrigg a family of four cost us £350 plus we needed 4 chest xrays at the BUPA murrayfield which cost us £320.I I think same as last post that 11yrs and over need xray under 16yrsreceives a children's medical however this was only £10 cheaper though. Hope all goes well.

Karen

Guest Nicky&Andy

we just had our meds in jan, adults & our 16 yr old were £110 & kids were £55 we had a really nice doctor who cosidering there is six of us said call it £400.:D our xrays were £180 in total. we had to have 3 blood tests (for 16 yrs & over) which were £20 each. plus photos

Guest caoimhe

Hi

Our meds are booked, we live in NI and the meds are £100 + vat per adult and £50 + Vat per child. X-rays are £39 per person and need to be complete for everyone over 11, (one place was £70pp so maybe worth shopping around) blood tests required for all over 16, hep B is needed for medical, dental or allied proffessions

Guest WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace

Hi there

Sorry to barge in but OH and I are expecting our 1st child in a few weeks and have been advised we can wait until the baby is born and we have settled in as a family for couple weeks before having to go get us all medicals.

The question I want to ask is what exactly to they do to us? I know we need a medical from a doctor on the list and chest x rays for us adults but what exactly does the medical entail?

Sorry to sound so thick. I know there's blood tests but nothing else to be honest.... :goofy:

what exactly does the medical entail?

It seems that this is different from place to place, and doctor to doctor. :wideeyed:

Basically its just to check your ears, sight, weight, urine and stuff like that. Nothing to be worried about.;)

Pete

Guest Nicky&Andy

:Das django said all the things , blood test ,urine, sight & ears, if your female, they do a breast examination, our doctor got us to do basic movement checks like putting your finger on your nose with your eyes shut and balance on one leg , turn your head side to side & up & down and feeling in your legs,(can you feel a finger touching or a pin, that sort of thing)and blood pressure , not sure if it was only to make it more fun for the kids , we were really worried but it turned out to be good fun.:jiggy:

Guest Libby1971

Exactly as others have said, it really is a doddle, nothing to worry about.

We were not able to get time off work and so had to go to London for ours - to Harley Street no less!!! It wasn't as expensive as I had thought but for 4 of us, including extra blood tests, xrays etc it came to £800. Just as well we had sold the house the week before!!!!

Libby

Guest caoimhe
Exactly as others have said, it really is a doddle, nothing to worry about.

Libby

Funny but I am really worried about the medicals, :unsure: partly because its nearly the final hurdle and partly because Stephen had car accident in oct and has damaged his hip which although he only took a week off work after it happened and he has not missed a day since, he is getting phsiotherapy for it. He also has and ulcer with is is on medication for and attending hospital and they say it is improving but do these things go against you :err::err:

Guest Martin and Val

Hi The Roberts Family,

We had our medicals and x-rays all done in one place on the same day. Not many on the list do it all in the same place and due to problems getting time off work this really helped. We paid a total of £400 for everything. They sent them to Sydney 7 days later and they were finalised 9 days after that.

The Bridge Clinic, Oldfield Lodge, Bridge Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8DG

www.bridge-clinic.com Tel: Jackie, 01628 760919

Hope this helps, good luck

Martin and Val

Guest Libby1971

I do know exactly how you feel about worrying over the medicals.

Much as I would love to be a twiglet (essentially thin with a few correctly placed lumps and bumps), I don't think anyone would say I am anywhere close. Plus there are other health issues, unrelated to my weight, that led me to think that it was one too many to overlook. The agent we had hired/ booked and I were busy getting stuff together ready for the appeal, we were so convinced that we would be declined that when we heard it had passed, we didn't quite know what to do.

Relax, if I can pass a medical, miracles do happen!!

Libby

Guest Rachel1477
Hi Rachel, we're based just outside Cardiff what about yourself?

Hi - we're in Sussex (but I'm from Glos orginally which my OH thinks is practically Welsh anyhow! Geography isn't his strong point... I wonder if he knows where oz is?!?!?!? :huh:)

I called a couple of the docs on the list and best (most convenient if not the cheapest) was £260 per person. We could probably do it for less saving about £80 - but this is very close to our home with xrays and med done in the same place! We're gonna book for the start of April so hopefully will be ahead of the game but not so much so as to confuse things!!!).

I'll be watching your timeline with interest to see how you guys go.

Rachel :D

Guest Tracijbc

Don't worry, we were in the same boat as Libby, especially when during the medical, the Dr discovered I had Diabetes. We too were putting together our appeal and getting ready for a major knock back when out of the blue, we got our visa! Just go with the flow, although I have to say if you are anywhere near Nottingham, the Docs at Tudor Medical Centre are absolutely brilliant and really helpful. He phoned me to reassure me that it would all be ok, and basically helped us through the whole shebang. We also had it all done on the same day, meds and X-Rays and the worst bit was the stuck up woman at the private hospital where we had our x-rays done!

Good luck

Traci x

• 4 years later...

Where do I find a list of medical doctors? There are only 11 in the UK on the IMMI website. Are there any others or do they give them to you when you are sent for them? We are about to submit out 176 application but understand it could be 4 weeks later we're requested for medicals. Anyone have any ideas? - Just looked further on the IMMI Webpage and it says you must choose an eHealth Dr from the list as of Nov 2011 so I guess that answers my question... Thanks anyhow!