I would love this thread to be telling you all of our good news (i.e. our visa has been granted) but I am afraid it is not.
We still have not heard anything and are staring to panic big style.
Has anyone ever heard of a application being refused at this point. From our point of view there is no reaseon for it to be but it does seem there is no hard and fast rules. We sent the further documents about 3/4 weeks ago but what if our agent never got the extenstion she said she had applied for (we needed an extenstion because they failed to tell us DIMIA had requested further info.).
We have been planning thiis move for so long, everything is on hold now.
I know this sounds silly but I don't mind waiting if the answer is definatly going to be YES. But if we are going through all this to be refused I just don't know what we will do.
You need to get onto the phone to your agent so that they can confrim tahthey got the extension you need. I am sure you will be fine and its just the time taken to do these things but best to have all the answers you need (and deserve!) from your agents.
I agree with Rachel. You have paid your agent a lot of money. Now let them earn some of it. Don't let them fob you off, this is your future at risk. Good luck. Keep us updated.
Absolutely agree with the other advice.
Throw your weight about a bit. You paid them for a service and you expect to receive something. Don't talk to anyone but the head of the company. Ask firmly but insist on knowing what deadlines they are working to and who they are talking to. Names, specifics, etc.
It is common to feel the stress at this point. I was feeling sick in the run up to getting ours and was so convinced we were not coming I had switched off and was looking at moving to Canada instead!!!!
A friend of mine had problems and she asked me to ring Immigration for her. No names were given, it was more a call to ask about how long they were taking on things and in less than a week she had it come through.
Hang in there and don't worry
absolutly call them! if necessary once a week for an update - even if there is nothing to report! - don't let them give you any wishywashy but a good answer!!!
you paid for their advice and help alot of money!!!!
go for it ;) - and good luck!!
Originally Posted by deanrm
We too are waiting to hear as we were asked for extra info(on top of all the other stuff we sent them), which we (via agent) submitted end of Jan. They asked us to have all the info there b4 7th feb. We have heard nothing from them so I asked our agent to give them a nudge. Our agent told us just cos they want the stuff there for 7th feb doesn't mean they will look at it then its seems to be when your paperwork gets to the top of their pile they will look at it again (which is no bloody help for us).
I'm sure all is ok for you but you could call your agent just to put your mind at ease.
This is a very long and stressful process and I don't think they will refuse you.