thinking of Adelaide

Guest devon67

Guest devon67

Hi all.

1st post in here

we are in the process of getting our 175 visa, wife is a secondary school teacher and im a youth and community worker

we are thinking of moving to Adelaide, due to the idea that most people say its, cheaper and quieter than other parts of oz

is this true?

are there enough jobs for teachers in Adelaide? (willing to work well outside of CBD, and would rather be in a smallish town anyway)

its either south aust or state of victoria, anyone has suggestions on the pros and cons of each state?

any suggestions or thoughts would be cool

cheers

steve:smile:

Beware this is based on on-line contributors look at the count at the bottom only 35 for Adelaide and 118 for Melbourne. It is very subjective and will depend on lifestyle and where these people actually live and shop.

You can do your own comparison by 'shopping' on-line in the various places. Living out in the sticks doesn't nec mean cheaper as there will be less competition!

just to chase up my original post

what is the job scene like for teachers?

and

any thoughts on the differences between Melb and Adel?

It depends on the subject. Secondary would seem to offer greater chance of a job/work. Maths, physics and science definitely a help and the ability to teach to year 12 would be even better.

I think there would be more choice in Melbourne, but you'd need to find out the job situation, there.

Cheers,

Cooler

Guest Rachael Reeve

My other halfs not a teacher but we have just come back from Adelaide and he had 4 job offers. The jobs are out there. I have to say Adelaide was great, going back in 4 weeks to live:jiggy: