• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Adelaide City and suburbs map with public transport and street names!

ali

Title
      Liked
      516 times
      Rep

Adelaide City and suburbs map with public transport and street names!

Hi guys,

How can I get my hands on a through map of Adelaide. I'm looking at real estate websites but since I don't know the place I can't shortlist neighborhoods or suburbs to think about before I get there. Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ali

Title
      Liked
      208 times
      Rep
      See if you can get a Street directory, think Gregorey's or CBD do them.
      They have everything in them, probably contact the AA or RAC too, don't have to be a member.

http://www.raa.com.au/maps/ you can download maps too

Other than that i managed to get a fold out map from a shop near The Strand (but that was over 20 years ago !)

Cheers

BR
      ali likes this.

Title
      Liked
      4221 times
      Rep
      Also for public transport try www.adelaidemetro.com.au - you put in a 'to' and 'from' and it gives you the options along with a map - you can put in exact street addresses too.

And www.whereis.com.au is handy - use the zoom in/out function to get an idea of where places are in relation to each other. And I think the Home2Home website has a good suburbs directory http://www.h2h.com.au/Database Welcome.html which you can sort by distance from the CBD (City Centre)
      ali likes this.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

pennyblack
      This is a great site, http://www.adelaidesuburbs.com.au/

HTH.
      bigal and ali like this.

ali

Title
      Liked
      516 times
      Rep
      Barney, Diane and Penny,

Thanks a bunch you guys! Your comments are very helpful. I will get down right to it ASAP.

Cheers

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      4908 times
      Rep
      realestate site also has a google map with each property. If you click on the actual map it loads a larger version and you can zoom in and out on it to get a good idea of the property location while actually viewing the spec and pics etc.
      ali likes this.

Title
      Liked
      1017 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by pennyblack View Post
      This is a great site, http://www.adelaidesuburbs.com.au/

HTH.
      That one's a bit hit and miss with some suburbs that are next to each other e.g. no Crafers but Stirling is listed (and not sure where it pulls the data from for some of it stats but some are decidedly ropey!)

pennyblack
      Quote Originally Posted by jim and adel View Post
      That one's a bit hit and miss with some suburbs that are next to each other e.g. no Crafers but Stirling is listed (and not sure where it pulls the data from for some of it stats but some are decidedly ropey!)
      the data could also be very accurate who knows. either way I think its a very good site and I'm quite sure the original poster will find it very useful, that was the only reason I posted the link.
      bigal likes this.

Title
      Liked
      57 times
      Rep
      I too was looking for an Adelaide map, and after much looking, found that Amazon.com here in the states had ONE left. I got it, so don't bother looking here as there is not another single one available in the whole country, how rediculous! But then again, most people that I mention adelaide to don't have any idea where in Australia it is, and a few didn't even know to look for it in australia at all! But then again, I suppose most people wouldn't really need a street map before they go because they would only be going for a vacation anyways. (if you are the type of super-control-freak that needs a street map of a city before you visit it for a vacation, do not write me to tell me how wrong i am because i will not read your "preparation prevents desperation" ramblings) ***I am joking of course, but nonetheless, I won't read it***

After looking at the adelaide metro site, I would suggest that you pick up 4 or 5 of the metro line maps (becuase a few will surely get lost) if you go there for a recci, because they seen really thorough, and will be usefull in figuring out what acces there is for your neighborhoods of interest.
      Last edited by USA soon just SA; 23-03-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: to make sure everyone knows I was joking

ali

Title
      Liked
      516 times
      Rep
      I'm finding this extremely helpful: www.whereis.com.au

Other than showing me the location of the property I'm looking at is, it also gives me a detailed travel time to the city. Can't thank you enough Diane

Snifter, yes you are probably right about the google map. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast