Adelaide City and suburbs map with public transport and street names!

Guest ali

Hi guys,

How can I get my hands on a through map of Adelaide. I'm looking at real estate websites but since I don't know the place I can't shortlist neighborhoods or suburbs to think about before I get there. Any help will be much appreciated. :smile:

Cheers,

Ali

Guest Barney Rubble

See if you can get a Street directory, think Gregorey's or CBD do them.

They have everything in them, probably contact the AA or RAC too, don't have to be a member.

http://www.raa.com.au/maps/ you can download maps too

Other than that i managed to get a fold out map from a shop near The Strand (but that was over 20 years ago !):rolleyes:

Cheers

BR

Also for public transport try www.adelaidemetro.com.au - you put in a 'to' and 'from' and it gives you the options along with a map - you can put in exact street addresses too.

And http://www.whereis.com.au is handy - use the zoom in/out function to get an idea of where places are in relation to each other. And I think the Home2Home website has a good suburbs directory http://www.h2h.com.au/Database Welcome.html which you can sort by distance from the CBD (City Centre)

Guest pennyblack
That one's a bit hit and miss with some suburbs that are next to each other e.g. no Crafers but Stirling is listed (and not sure where it pulls the data from for some of it stats but some are decidedly ropey!)
the data could also be very accurate who knows. either way I think its a very good site and I'm quite sure the original poster will find it very useful, that was the only reason I posted the link.

Guest USA soon just SA

I too was looking for an Adelaide map, and after much looking, found that Amazon.com here in the states had ONE left. I got it, so don't bother looking here as there is not another single one available in the whole country, how rediculous! But then again, most people that I mention adelaide to don't have any idea where in Australia it is, and a few didn't even know to look for it in australia at all! But then again, I suppose most people wouldn't really need a street map before they go because they would only be going for a vacation anyways. (if you are the type of super-control-freak that needs a street map of a city before you visit it for a vacation, do not write me to tell me how wrong i am because i will not read your "preparation prevents desperation" ramblings) ***I am joking of course, but nonetheless, I won't read it***

After looking at the adelaide metro site, I would suggest that you pick up 4 or 5 of the metro line maps (becuase a few will surely get lost) if you go there for a recci, because they seen really thorough, and will be usefull in figuring out what acces there is for your neighborhoods of interest.

Edited by USA soon just SA
to make sure everyone knows I was joking

I'm finding this extremely helpful: www.whereis.com.au

Other than showing me the location of the property I'm looking at is, it also gives me a detailed travel time to the city. Can't thank you enough Diane:smile:

Snifter, yes you are probably right about the google map. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers

Also with the google maps you can go walkabout with street view. Just drag the little man onto the street and navigate around. We "stolled round" the area our holiday rental is in, we could see the shops and cafes etc. OK sometimes they can be a bit out of date but still gives a better impression than just a map. Then use google directions and click the public transport option for details of bus/train options.

the data could also be very accurate who knows. either way I think its a very good site and I'm quite sure the original poster will find it very useful, that was the only reason I posted the link.

Much of the data simply isn't accurate and it would be a shame for any would-be migrants to look at places like Unley or Burnside and think 'they're nice and the median rental is only $200pw ...'

Not questioning your motive and the OP might well find it useful (it simply uses google maps, so no different in that regard than going straight to google), I'm simply pointing out that it's hit and miss with some suburbs and has some dodgy data as well.

Jim

Jim thank you for the input. Could be kind enough to give me the names of some of the best and more reputable suburbs and neighborhoods in CBD area and Adelaide as a whole that have a fast and efficient public transportation system? :smile:

• 4 years later...

Sadly the Metro Transport people no longer do their big map, just a multitude of small ones. Curiously,whatever the form of transport, I've always found the Bike SA Cycling Maps of Adelaide the best for route planning, and house hunting, + they are also free

Word to the wise:;

be extra careful about Adelaide suburb names: (QV)