where do you start help help

Guest batleys

Guest batleys

we want to start to apply for our visas we have done the free assesments and we pass them with points to spare. what do we do next... we have spoke to some agents and they seem to be expensive can you do it yorself on line does it work or should you not take the chance. Also everybody seems to but doing TRA's what is that please help. We are looking to do this the cheapest way poss as with all the fees we have been qouted from agents and estate agents and our mtg fees it could run to ten grand in costs please can some one give us an idea of where to start :arghh:

Guest Rachael

The TRA is called Trades Recognition Australia, you have to do this for them to assess the main visa applicants skills before applying for the visa. If you pass the TRA then you can apply for the visa. You fill in the form and send off details of jobs you have done, a CV and references. Our agent sorted this out for us and we just handed over the paperwork so can't help very much. We used an agent to make sure we could get it done as soon as poss and done properly. He charged us £1600 for everything but it was money well spent when I didn't have to worry about any form filling.

Hope this helps a little.

Rachael.

Guest caoimhe

hi Chris and Lucy

the TRA is the Trade Recognition Australia, it

Provides national recognition in metal and electrical trades for permanent residents in Australia and skill assessment in most trades for people applying to migrate to Australia. (quoted from we page )

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Trades_TRA/262

stephen had to apply to them to recognise that he was the IT Engineer that he claimed to be

He had to go through the last 5 years of employment, showing what he learnt thru exams, on the job experience and references from all he worked for

Ours was quite complicated as he had been self employed and employed and 2 companies he worked for were no longer in business (honestly not his doing:goofy:), and then he needed a sworn statement from a solicitor to confirm this

We did go through an agent and I know it is an extra couple of thousand on top of everything else but we didn't know were to start

I have read on this forum some people saying you can use a agent just for the TRA and then apply online yourself to the DIAC, a lot have said that part is easy

Check out to see if need the TRA and take it from there

I know this probably doesn't answer all your question but hope it helps a bit

Good luck in the application

Jacqui

Guest batleys

so the 1600 ws that for everything or just his fees as one qoute have had was 1600 + vat and 300 for anmc and 890 for visa lodgement and 200 for medicals for each adult so this would add up to roughly four grand is this right....

my husband is a nurse so will we need to do tra from what you say is it just for construction related employment . thanks lucy

Hold everything.

If the main applicant is a nurse the skill assessment isn't done by TRA but ANMC (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board) It is easy and we applied for our 175 visa and haven't used an agent. The skill assessment is very straight forward, but before you do it register first as it will work out cheaper as you only have to do a modified skill assessment and not the full monty.;)

Have a gander at this link

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2748&page=2

Pete

Hi chris and lucy , me and my partner are quite new to this as well , we looked into having an agent but we found them to be very expensive around £2000 excluding vat.

we are apply for a 175 skilled independant visa , steve has to apply to the new vetassess which will test him on his skills ect, (vetassess has replaced the old tra ) steve will need to do a practical test and pass it before we can apply for our visa , steve is an electrician by the way !.

try looking on some of the web sites the gave us lots of information.

do you know what visa you you can apply for?

we have decided to go it alone as we have found that if you have any questions you can post them onto this site and there is always someone who can help you out.

hope this helps you a little cheers dawn and steve

thanks this is really helpful i think we need to do the same thing you have done. so do we need to register with the nbsa first , thanks thanks

Yes that is right. Good luck. Any probs let me know.

Pete

Guest caoimhe
so the 1600 ws that for everything or just his fees as one qoute have had was 1600 + vat and 300 for anmc and 890 for visa lodgement and 200 for medicals for each adult so this would add up to roughly four grand is this right....

No the agents fees are about 1600 - 1800 +vat (we paid ours in 2 installments) then the of cost of DIAC (roughly 900) and meds and police checks. The meds are roughly 100 per person + vat and then x-rays (ours are 40 but 1st place we checked was 70pp) and blood tests (medical staff require more blood tests than others.)

Hope am not confusing you!!!

Guest batleys

help stuck allrady as conflicting info on nbsa registration form sent you a email please confirm what we should do as it says if we are appling for a skilled visa we should register with the anmc first then them or do i ignore this as you can fill it in if you are appling for a visa ? confused?

Guest deborah

I am an occupational therapist and doing my own skills assessment because i would need to do this anyway to be registered so might as well do it this end so much cheaper. The guidelines were quite straight forward. It is just a desk top audit (form filling) plus copy of degree, course work and registration, refs etc. Cost about £300.

I then will have to be assessed as being competent to practise and be liscensed to work in S.A.

I may still have to do english test though (even though degree educated) cos i only have 115 points (age)

S.A. are not sponsoring Occ Ther even though on MODL. Only other option is to get 5 points for OH.

Debs

Guest Rachael

That was the agents fees, visa costs and medicals etc are on top of that.

Rachael.

Guest Shy Ted

Never understood the whole agent caper, to me it just seems like paying £2000 for some scally to do your spadework and put another link in the chain. Just do it yourself, its easy enough and there is enough support online and on here. Unless you have 2 grand to spare of course!