i Know this is a long shot but here goes!

janice1uk

I am looking for a suitable hair salon that would sponsor my daughter. She has finished her level 3 in the uk but now wants to join us in Adelaide. she is missing us and sykpe is heart breaking with us both being in tears most of the time. I have spoken to an migration agent who has said this would be her quickest option. My husband and i will pay all the cost. She can not get a skilled visa because she has just qualified. So if anyone out there can please help or can give me any contacts then i would be exremley greatful.

Janice Hi,

I'm no migration expert but if your daughter's just qualified then why not get a work and holiday visa to begin with. Then later on change it to a more permanent visa? It just popped up after I read your post. Hope it works out for you guys and soon:smile:

Hello Janice

How old is your daughter, please, and is she single without any dependents? If so then I would agree with Ali. Why not get her a subclass 417 Working Holiday visa to begin with? She is much more likely to be able to obtain sponsorship if she has been working for an Aussie employer who likes her, thinks she is good at the job etc:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/

She could potentially spend up to 2 years on a WHV as long as she does something like crop-picking for at least 3 months during the first 12 months.

Also, if she is both young enough for a WHV and she is single, who knows? She ,ight meet an Aussie who turns out to be the man of her dreams. If that happened then Partner migration would become possible for her in due course.

Did the <igration Agent consider these possibilities with you?

Cheers

Gill

Hello Janice

How old is your daughter, please, and is she single without any dependents? If so then I would agree with Ali. Why not get her a subclass 417 Working Holiday visa to begin with? She is much more likely to be able to obtain sponsorship if she has been working for an Aussie employer who likes her, thinks she is good at the job etc:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/

She could potentially spend up to 2 years on a WHV as long as she does something like crop-picking for at least 3 months during the first 12 months.

Also, if she is both young enough for a WHV and she is single, who knows? She ,ight meet an Aussie who turns out to be the man of her dreams. If that happened then Partner migration would become possible for her in due course.

Did the <igration Agent consider these possibilities with you?

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill Ali and lynsteve for your replies. She is 23 and single but does have a dependant daughter so the agent said her quickest route would be sponsorship. He did not offer any other solution at this stage she is sending her qualifications and CV to the agent for him to assess.

Thanks Gill Ali and lynsteve for your replies. She is 23 and single but does have a dependant daughter so the agent said her quickest route would be sponsorship. He did not offer any other solution at this stage she is sending her qualifications and CV to the agent for him to assess.

Hi Janice

How old is your grandaughter, please? Would she have to be sent either to kindy or to school?

Depending on the child's age, there are two possible options for her. One would be a long-stay subclass 676 Tourist Visa but the other would be a Student visa for her if she is slighly older.

It is fiddly but it CAN be done. DIAC's concerns would be:-

1. They would not give the child a visa for Australia unless either BOTH of the child's parents have agreed to the proposal or a Court in the UK has ordered that the child may be removed from the UK;

2. If she is old enough for Education then DIAC would insist on International Education for her in Oz - which is perfectly do-able but it might not be cheap;

3. If a Student visa would be the best option for the child then DIAC might well insist that you should be the formal Student Guardian for her.

It sounds to me like the Agent has not considered every possible way to do this. DIAC will not agree to the idea of a child being a Dependant on a Working Holiday visa but the legislation will, in some circumstances, permit the child to have her own visa for Australia, separately from her mother's WH visa.

DIAC's main concerns are to ensure that it is legally OK for the Child to be taken into Australia and that the Child will be properly cared for whilst she is in Australia.

Australia has ratified the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction, as has the UK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Convention_on_the_Civil_Aspects_of_International_Child_Abduction

Apart from that, Australia has its own domestic laws about educating children. I don't know the exact details about that but it would be easy enough to find out.

I'm not convinced that a newly-qualified Hairdresser would be able to get employer-sponsorship when the Aussie hardresser has not had a chance to assess her work etc. Also, why permit a newly-qualified hairdresser to enter Australia when there are thousands of Internernational Student graduate hairdressers hanging about in Australia already?

What is the average wage for a newly-qualfied hairdresser in Adelaide? My guess is that it would be substantially lower than the Minimum Salary Level that DIAC would insist on for a standard subclass 457 visa?

In your shoes, I might be tempted to get hold of the migration agent and kick ass.

Cheers

Gill

Thank you Gill, My Granddaughter is 5 but will be 6 in May so will be of school age in Adelaide. i know we will have problems with her father because he keeps changing his mind wether she can come. We are willing to take him on in court as he his not exactly a good role model. Since we left the uk in January my granddaughters behaviour has deteriated. She did live with me with her mum untill about a year but i still saw her nearly every day when they move into their own place. My daughter has asked her what is bothering her and she wants to come live with me. This is why i want them over as early as possible. I will look into the options you have suggested and i i will suggest these to the agent to see what he says. At this stage his advice as been free so maybe he just thought of the obvious solution. I think i may try contacting a few other migration agents and also put these suggestions to them. Thans again Gill.

Thank you Gill, My Granddaughter is 5 but will be 6 in May so will be of school age in Adelaide. i know we will have problems with her father because he keeps changing his mind wether she can come. We are willing to take him on in court as he his not exactly a good role model. Since we left the uk in January my granddaughters behaviour has deteriated. She did live with me with her mum untill about a year but i still saw her nearly every day when they move into their own place. My daughter has asked her what is bothering her and she wants to come live with me. This is why i want them over as early as possible. I will look into the options you have suggested and i i will suggest these to the agent to see what he says. At this stage his advice as been free so maybe he just thought of the obvious solution. I think i may try contacting a few other migration agents and also put these suggestions to them. Thans again Gill.

Hi Janice

This is not a subject I know anything much about but please read the page in the link below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/571-1/eligibility-student-18.htm

The relevant visa seems to be the subclass 571 temporary visa and it appears that the student can have more then one of them.

I haven't tried to slog through all the details. Obviously, a student visa is an unusual idea for such a young child. However, the Student Visa section kicks off with a page asking about the person's country of origin and what sort of course they wish to study. I selected British and for the type of study, I selected "primary or secondary school." Clearly, that option would not be there unless the idea is do-able.

I will send you a Private Message about the other point I want to mention.

Cheers

Gill

Edited by Gollywobbler