Police and medical checks

srg73

I am currently having my qualifications and employment assessed and want our 175 application in before July changes. Is it worth and should I be booking medical and police checks now to speed things up.

Assuming everything is fine with the vetassess, ielts is passed with 7.5, get medicals and police check done (should be no issues with either), is there anything else needed as part of visa application?

Thanks S

Guest Paula H

Have you had your vet assess yet? That takes a long time. You can do what you have said but it is asking a lot and I'm not sure if you will find any obstacles in the way by doing it this way.

Can you ring & ask an agent for advice?

Best of luck though. X

The date of you medical and police checks determine when you have to enter Australia by so I would be wary of having these done too early in the process as it may not give you much time to make the move once you get your visa. Having said that though you can do an activation visit which counts as the date entered.

Nicola

You mean we would have to make another visit....oh no what a chore!!!

How long should vetassess take as my case is hopefully very simple, I've been working as a chartered construction project / contracts manager for the last 15 years and provided all of the information as requested so fingers crossed it should be prompt. Regarding police and medicals, no issues but how long do they last?

Thanks S

I am currently having my qualifications and employment assessed and want our 175 application in before July changes. Is it worth and should I be booking medical and police checks now to speed things up.

Assuming everything is fine with the vetassess, ielts is passed with 7.5, get medicals and police check done (should be no issues with either), is there anything else needed as part of visa application?

Thanks S

Hi, I don't think there is much else - just make sure you check through the document checklist on the DIAC website to get all of them ready asap and apply online as it's much quicker. Our CO was appointed in 2 weeks!

I'd recommend the Medmigration Clinic for medicals if you are anywhere near Manchester. They were brilliant - Dr Smith was great with our 2 year old who can be quite wary of strangers and put our anxious 9 year old at ease too :)!

There are 11 Doctors on the panel list in the UK and 5 of them are Spire hospitals which are more expensive. We paid about £670 for 4 of us (2 adults & 2 children under 11). Hope this helps :)

Good luck and hopefully see you there one day :smile: