Just submitted 176 application last night - and asked SA to submit form 1100

guspjmh

I didn't have a bcc number though, I did everything online, so only had a TRN number to put in, is this ok or have I stuffed it up? :unsure:

Only a couple more passport photo's (plus medical/penal stuff down the line) to attach to the apllication and it's finished, so I hope I haven't messed up the form 1100 bit!

Does anyone know?

It doesn't sound like you've stuffed it up, as far as I remember, we only needed the TRN. We also did it online.

A couple of days after we requested the form 1100 we got an email from SA saying they had passed the info onto DIAC. I was so afraid of messing things up at that stage that I scanned that email and attached it to the application!! waaaay overboard :goofy:

Best of luck with it, nearly there!!!

Guest thebokke

Congrats on lodging your vias application, feels good doesn't it! Crazy expensive though but hopefully it'll be the best money I've ever spent. I've just lodged our 176 application on Monday 10/4/12. I also used the TRN number only and a day later got an automated email from SA Immigration to say they'd sent the form and now state sponsorship was confirmed.

Good luck with the application, keep us updated on your progress and I'll do the same for us April submissions.

Congrats on lodging your vias application, feels good doesn't it! Crazy expensive though but hopefully it'll be the best money I've ever spent. I've just lodged our 176 application on Monday 10/4/12. I also used the TRN number only and a day later got an automated email from SA Immigration to say they'd sent the form and now state sponsorship was confirmed.

Good luck with the application, keep us updated on your progress and I'll do the same for us April submissions.

We've got a race on with only 2 days separating our applications!

I just realised I may have made a different big mistake. I scanned all the original documents and attached them to my application, but should I have emailed scans of certified copies instead?

It isn't too clear, or maybe I am just thick - can anyone clarify?

Guest thebokke
Woohoo! Got the automated form 1100 email already! I'm going to be a bit ocd by scanning and attaching it too! It can't do any harm!

I did the exact same thing and uploaded it too!

You're right about the race, our timelines are very similar and only 2 days separate the applications. I've been told it's likely that CO might be appointed before the end of the month! Lets hope we both have shiny new 176 Visas soon!

I did the exact same thing and uploaded it too!

You're right about the race, our timelines are very similar and only 2 days separate the applications. I've been told it's likely that CO might be appointed before the end of the month! Lets hope we both have shiny new 176 Visas soon!

Who told you that about the CO? It would be great if true! Is it the CO's job to go through the documentation and request anything which isn't there or is not sufficient?

Guest thebokke
Who told you that about the CO? It would be great if true! Is it the CO's job to go through the documentation and request anything which isn't there or is not sufficient?

It was general consensus from various forums about how quickly the 176 applications are being processed at the moment. I've just been appointed a CO, 7 days after submitting!!!:jiggy:

The Document checklist was showing as status as 'met' for the required documents which I'd uploaded. They also send an email requesting PCC and medicals and give you 28 days to upload or provide proof. It seems a very efficient system and thinngs are moving very quickly for 176 visa applicants at the moment.

Edited by thebokke