midwives who are on the 457 visa.......advice needed please

Guest stu&nic

Guest stu&nic

Hi could someone plz help us i have a very worried wife...

My wife our two children and I are going on a 457 visa through one of the hospitals and is worried that she may be lumbered with all the not so good shifs ie nights / weekends, is this right or our we reading to much into this?

last thing, do we have the security where the hospital will put us on a permanent 176 visa after so long being with them? if so how long until they agree to do this?

We see this as a permanent move to the other side of the would, just need some info about all this to stop our mines running away from us.

thankyou all in advance for your input. I hope ALL is going well for you all.

Hi Stu & Nic

I think you are confused.

I think that your best option - by miles - would be to discuss the whole situation, including your concerns, with a Registered Migration Agent. You say that you live "in England" but which county, please? If you can tell me that then I would be able to recommend a Registered Migration Agent who wouldn't be too far away from you.

In your shoes, I think it would be worth your while to pay for a face-to-face consultation with an RMA so that you and the RMA could chew the cud together and discuss all the pros and cons of every possible visa option. The consultation would probably cost around £100 for 90 minutes or so but it would be worth every penny because 90 minutes is plenty of time for the RMA to discuss all of your concerns and to make sure that you understand all your different options fully and thoroughly.

If you had such a meeting, I think you would emerge with a clear game plan of how you want to proceed. I don't think it is possible to obtain sufficiently detailed, accurate advice via an Internet forum, where the other members are not able to devote enough time to your concerns and may not have the skills to be able to do so accurately anyway. The forums are very good for the sorts of questions that need "quick answers" but I don't think that that is what you really need. I think you need a really in-depth chew of the cud with a proper expert.

It would take me about 3 hours to compose an essay telling you the rough pros and cons with each option and providing you with the some of the links to enable you to research the options more fully by yourselves. However, even then there would be gaps because, for example, I never try to get involved with discussing the tax elements of the different options. I am not good enough at Tax Law to be able to discuss that even in the UK, let alone in Australia!

About 30 RMAs live and work in the UK. Some of them are better than others but the good ones are scattered around the country, so it should be possible for me to suggest someone who would be within a couple of hours' driving distance of wherever you are and I think that this idea would be far & away the best option for you.

I think this is particularly so because not everyone responds well to the DIAC website. A lot of the information is on the website but some people don't have enough time to be able to study the website in huge detail. Other people take one look at it, think, "OMGG, I don't understand a word of this," and they give up! Many, many Britons say that they just wouldn't have sweated their way through the whole visa process unless they had been able to rely on their RMA, who has helped with the whole thing and has answered a million different questions along the way.

I'm a lawyer but when I first started examining the DIAC website in 2005, I found it incredibly difficult and confusing to begin with. I've never been involved with UK Immigration Law so I didn't understand the concepts with the different Aussie visas and as for their Immigration Jargon, I wondered whether it had been written by a kangaroo! I began to understand everything in the end but only after 3 or 4 months of sheer hard graft, frankly, in my spare time. I must have done at least 100 hours work if not more, which is only possible if one is able to spare the time to get on with it and one is actually interested in trying to grapple with the whole thing. (Being interested is vital - I wouldn't be prepared to waste even 10 minutes on trying to understand anything about football or rugby! Or golf or hundreds of other sports because I am into sailing - I understand that and want to know more but I'm not even vaguely interested in traipsing round a field!))

I think it is very much "horses for courses." Some people enjoy getting to grips with every little detail and doing so by themselves. Other people think it is much easier just to get an expert to give them a hand, and who can explain things in ways that are easy for the client to follow. Neither group of people is wrong - it is simply that we all have different temperaments.

You sound nervous to me and that is the best possible reason for using an RMA, my friends.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Guest6899

Im a registered nurse on a 176 PR visa, crappy shifts are part and parcel of the job for nurses & midwives there is no getting out of your share of nights weekends what ever visa your on.. on the other side they really boost up your wages!!!

Edited by Guest6899

Guest stu&nic

Hi baggienurse

Thankyou for your reply it will make my wife feel alot better that the shift patten will be fair and their is no putting on the sponsored visa workers. I will relay this to my wife when she get back from work

thanks again