I got it!!!!

shelagh1973

I opened my email this morning to my visa notification!!! Yippee. We lodged our application on the 27th Feb (electronically - so easy and no form 80 required!!!) and it was granted this morning. Thank you to those of you who helped with queries and melt downs. Your advice has been invaluable. We are going to celebrate with a bottle of wine (or 2).

We are going to validate our visa in July (Summer hols - also a primary teacher) and then head out in July 2013 for good. I am so excited. I can't believe it has been a relatively painless experience. x I see you recently applied for your 176. Good luck, I hope it's a quick process for you too. x x

No job lined up. I am hoping to apply for teacher registration when I get out there (neglect and child abuse course and first aid) I am saving frantically at the moment too; I know when the warm glow stops money will be my next stress too. I am sure you will get work (Pharma sales rep?). I get the general impression from posts on the forum that there is work out there if you are willing - lets face it - none of us would put ourselves through this stress if we weren't willing to chase every opportunity. You should ask on the forum if anyone else has had experience in your field. www.simplyhired.com.au/a/jobs/list/q-pharmaceutical+sales try this link too. Just a quick google so it might be rubbish.

No job lined up. I am hoping to apply for teacher registration when I get out there (neglect and child abuse course and first aid) I am saving frantically at the moment too; I know when the warm glow stops money will be my next stress too. I am sure you will get work (Pharma sales rep?). I get the general impression from posts on the forum that there is work out there if you are willing - lets face it - none of us would put ourselves through this stress if we weren't willing to chase every opportunity. You should ask on the forum if anyone else has had experience in your field. www.simplyhired.com.au/a/jobs/list/q-pharmaceutical+sales try this link too. Just a quick google so it might be rubbish.

Thanks for the link! I think you are right, if we work hard and try to take any opportunities offered hopefully things will go our way. I've asked a few times on here, but it appears that I'm the only pharma rep migrating to Adelaide right now!!! I do have a skype meeting with an agency tomorrow at 8am, so hopefully he'll help me.

Are you moving alone, or with family?

That is great news if you are the only pharma rep migrating to Adelaide! You should have your pick of jobs. I am moving with my partner, Steve. We can't wait to start our new life. I'll stack shelves if I have to!

Good luck with your interview. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for the job and the visa.

x x

Fantastic news!!!!!

We won't be too long now hopefully..cheques have debited for police crts so they are due any day. Confirmation from hospital that meds all finalised and passed to Oz last week..

How long was it between meds finalised and police uploaded before you heard?

Enjoy the wine x

That is great news if you are the only pharma rep migrating to Adelaide! You should have your pick of jobs. I am moving with my partner, Steve. We can't wait to start our new life. I'll stack shelves if I have to!

Good luck with your interview. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for the job and the visa.

x x

Thanks - good luck in arranging the move and jobseeking!

Hi Leeds 1877,

It took 3 weeks! The whole process has been very fast. I sat my IELTS in November, got my skills assessment back in January, state sponsership within 4 weeks, was allocated a case officer within 3 weeks of lodging my application and granted visa 3 weeks after that!

Good luck, I hope your application is as fast.

xx