getting excited !!

brucesbabe

Hi everyone !

I have resisted so far but can hold back no longer !! We have our flights booked to start our new life in Oz 14 wks tomorrow. Having the usual ups and downs, the angel and devil on your shoulder - one telling you how brave and adventurous you are, the other telling you you're crazy to take such risks and how you'll live to regret it, but time is ticking down now and it feels like after nearly 3 yrs planning it's actually going to happen ! The only way you're ever going to know if it's right for you and your family is to just go for it and live it and no amount of research and reading other peoples posts of their emigration experiences are going to give you the answer. Having never been the type for internet forums previously, I have been amazed at how willing people are to help and take the time to share their wisdom on PIA. A massive thank you to everyone and hope we will be able to thank some of you in person at meet ups.

Anyone else flying singapore air from Heathrow July 28th ?

Lisa

PS. It's not Friday night and I haven't been drinking sparkling rose !:biglaugh:

Starting in a rental in port noarlunga for a month. No jobs but hopefully nice bit of equity in the bank to get us set up !Husband in service engineering / tool making had lots of positive feedback but companies only want to hear from him when we are actually in Oz ! I am a self employed hairdresser here, but think I might try my luck at salon work when I arrive. Plenty of jobs emailed via Seek so feel confident I can find work ! So you are booked on flights in September ! I expect you are up and down too ?! We have three kids, two that will stay, aged 15 and 17 and our 20 yr old and his 18 yr old girlfriend are just coming for a month or two.

Lisa

Guest Paula H
Starting in a rental in port noarlunga for a month. No jobs but hopefully nice bit of equity in the bank to get us set up !Husband in service engineering / tool making had lots of positive feedback but companies only want to hear from him when we are actually in Oz ! I am a self employed hairdresser here, but think I might try my luck at salon work when I arrive. Plenty of jobs emailed via Seek so feel confident I can find work ! So you are booked on flights in September ! I expect you are up and down too ?! We have three kids, two that will stay, aged 15 and 17 and our 20 yr old and his 18 yr old girlfriend are just coming for a month or two.

Lisa

We are in talks with someone who has furnished rental in PN too, prob same place lol!!

How do yr kids feel about it all?

How exciting for you all.We've recently returned from a recci to ativate our visa,just waiting to sell our house and get back out there !!Best of luck and have a flight.

Clare and Tim

We are in talks with someone who has furnished rental in PN too, prob same place lol!!

How do yr kids feel about it all?

The kids are not really up for it tbh, Abbie has more positive things to say than Sam ( 17 yr old), but he's a really active, outdoors sort of fun loving person, and as soon as he makes friends we think he'll do just fine. Is it easier with younger children ?

Lisa

Guest Shmaggle

Oh how exciting for you, and it is so true about the different feelings! We are still in UK but did a recce last summer and trying to get out there. Keep us posted!