Validation trip July 2012

Guest 5 alive

Guest 5 alive

After 2 years reading this excellent forum, we now have our 176 visa, and will be landing in adelaide in July this year to activate the visa. Very exciting.

This is now becoming quite real!

So we are now looking for:

A short term rental for 10 days

car hire

any top tips

schools

may be someone to meet up with

Any suggestions or feedback welcomed!

Hi and welcome to the forum. What sort of area will you be hoping to settle in? This may be determined by your professions, so let us know what fields you will be looking for work in, and that will be a good starting point for areas/schools/accommodation etc! If you have not been to Adelaide before, it can be really quite spread out from north to south/east to west!

Guest 5 alive
Hi 5 Alive ! and congrats on getting your visa!

I can help with Short term rental - We have a 4 bed next to Moana Beach - check out our website and our recent recommendation from PIA member

R

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/recommendations/30430-lovely-holiday-rental-great-new-arrivals.html

Sarahx

Great thanks sarah. we will have a look.

I guess we are looking to live somewhere from glenelg and south, so this looks ideal.

Guest 5 alive
Hi and welcome to the forum. What sort of area will you be hoping to settle in? This may be determined by your professions, so let us know what fields you will be looking for work in, and that will be a good starting point for areas/schools/accommodation etc! If you have not been to Adelaide before, it can be really quite spread out from north to south/east to west!

Hi diane.

Yes, lots of questions, but from our research, the coast looks good, and easy access to CBD as I will probably working there.

Schools need to be for 11, 9 and 6 year olds. Probably state or moderate fee independent schools.

This forum seems a fan of port noarlunga so guess we need to start there!

Edited by 5 alive

This forum seems a fan of port noarlunga so guess we need to start there!

LOL Not me for sure, but it takes all types and if we all liked the same places and the same things, the world would be a pretty boring place! I'm in the North East and wouldn't want to be anywhere else - except perhaps some of the Eastern suburbs or in the City itself - but wild horses wouldn't make me live as far south as Port Noarlunga!

Guest 5 alive
LOL Not me for sure, but it takes all types and if we all liked the same places and the same things, the world would be a pretty boring place! I'm in the North East and wouldn't want to be anywhere else - except perhaps some of the Eastern suburbs or in the City itself - but wild horses wouldn't make me live as far south as Port Noarlunga!

We would love to hear about other places, and that is the value of the validation trip!

So, please do let us know other places we should consider, certainly to be closer to cbd would be good.

Diane,

We are in the Eastern Suburbs and love it. All the poms head down south or up to the Northern Suburbs but we think this is great. 10 minutes from the center, good suburb, in the middle of everything, and also 10 minutes from the hills. happy days. And to top it all off, we are Irish! LOL!

Diane,

We are in the Eastern Suburbs and love it. All the poms head down south or up to the Northern Suburbs but we think this is great. 10 minutes from the center, good suburb, in the middle of everything, and also 10 minutes from the hills. happy days. And to top it all off, we are Irish! LOL!

Am very jealous - if money were no object Norwood or Unley would be my choice! Good schools, good transport, great pubs, cafes and restaurants, and some lovely houses :biggrin:

Guest Rachael Reeve

We did a validation trip in March and we stayed in Fairview and it was just in the right place. We really enjoyed it. Easy to get everywhere.

Guest Watkinsfamily

We are also doing our validation trip for our recently granted 176 visa :) Land on 27th July 2012, staying in Sarah's house at Moana beach got car hire from Garage in Aldinga beach. We are there for 4 weeks so that I can get my required courses done to allow me to register to teach - we hope to move for good in July 2013. Have the courses booked and paid for so hope there will be no hitches! Good luck with your visit. X

Guest 5 alive
Hi have you had a look at Grange?

That's where we are thinking of going, also with 3 kids of 11,8 & 3, have a look on www.city hobo.com.

Congratulating you on your visa!

Denni :)

Thanks Denni, being closer to BCD and beach looks good, thank you for the suggestion. Henley looks good too, but maybe more pricey?

Guest 5 alive
We are also doing our validation trip for our recently granted 176 visa :) Land on 27th July 2012, staying in Sarah's house at Moana beach got car hire from Garage in Aldinga beach. We are there for 4 weeks so that I can get my required courses done to allow me to register to teach - we hope to move for good in July 2013. Have the courses booked and paid for so hope there will be no hitches! Good luck with your visit. X

Wow, that sounds organised! We probably only have a week, leaving from adelaide at the start of august, so will only get a fast drive round the areas I would think. Maybe we could stay in touch/maybe even meet up out there?

Guest p.chada

It is very interesting to read, that you could make it to approval of a visa only just by being a member of this forum. i have migrated to australia 3 years ago and i am really enjoying my stay in here. it was a easier move for me compared to others. looking for good mining jobs in Australia and would like to explore that part of the world.

Edited by Diane
remoed irrelevant link