• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Newly Qualified Electrician

Eden Hills. Ex Manchester
      41 times
      Quote Originally Posted by thebacons View Post
      Hi, city & guilds are recognized but there would be an issue getting your trade recognized as you need to be in the job for 5 years if you served an apprenticeship or 7 years if you did not. Level 3 city & guilds cert along with the 2391 testing & inspecting along with the right experience usually get you an ARTC cert from the TRA and this with a wiring regs course gets you a SA license. In short unless you have the certs with the years served on the job and can prove us such then you will be wasting your money. Hope this helps.
      Spot on information here from thebacons, from me in the process of this in Adelaide right now.
      Jay, Sparky. Marie, Midwife. James, 18. Niamh, 15
      Been through the nightmare. Arrived 26 January. 2012

Thanks for the advice, the world of Personal Injury is in melt down, once the ban on referral fees is introduced next April, along with the introduction of ABS's (Tesco's Law) I have just about enough of all the back stabbing, money orintated Claimant style mavricks in UK Law..... I've seen the 6 weeks cousres you indicate and I am astonished that anyone can even gain any form of comprehesion of the world of electrics from such............... I was about to embark on the C&G Level three course with a view of completing this within 15 - 18 months................. I appreciate that whilst thats a relativly short period of time, I know my abilities.

Not to worry, it seems that I would have to use my ILEX qualifications to better use in Adelaide and scrap any idea of a career change......... Its been beneficial having your input guys thanks.................

Adelaide SA
      1178 times
      It's not easy to get your trade recognized here and that's why they don't recognize the silly short courses but want the level 3 with the time served as well. They are doing the right thing making sure they get qualified tradesmen. A good thing in my opinion.
      Living In Adelaide Since Jan 2012 And Loving It

i agree................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12