Shipping

Guest teamV

Guest teamV

How prepared where you for the shippers ,was everything in place and spotless ,or like us playing catch up .just seems like the house has been turned upside down and shaken about .

Kev.

Guest teamV
Who have you gone with? I'm just in the process of choosing

We went with John Masons ,the main reason was price ,pickfords were over a grand more

Kev.

Guest samandlee

We have got John masons coming next Tuesday and we really are not prepared!!! Arrrrgggh! House is upside down . I don't know what to expect when they come really. Will let you know more next week.

Guest teamV
We have got John masons coming next Tuesday and we really are not prepared!!! Arrrrgggh! House is upside down . I don't know what to expect when they come really. Will let you know more next week.

We've got them coming on wednesday,but to make it even harder we are away this weekend watching the british superbikes at oulton park and we're not back home till monday night,its going to be a long tuesday.

Kev,

Guest lyn

We went with Pickfords as they were local to us in Bournemouth. They were fantastic both in UK and here in Adelaide. Cannot fault them. The teams worked tirelessly with the packing and unpacking and the communication at both ends was brilliant. The whole container took just 8 weeks to be moved from door to door.

As for being ready, well they do it all so there really isn't anything to do to prepare except to decide if there is any stuff you are not shipping which I put 'not shipping' labels on so they didn't pack it. The only thing I wish we had done was a practise pack of the suitcases we were going to take on the plane. We kept far too many clothes out which we should have shipped and we ended up leaving them with family as they took us over our baggage limit for the flight.

Everything else was done by the shippers and we just supplied loads of biscuits and made endless cups of tea!

Hope that helps!

Lyn x

Guest Paula H

We have Doree Bonner coming to us in a couple of weeks.

I was mucked around with the price with PSS so wont be using them and am awaiting on prices from Pickfords and Anglio as we speak.

Guest teamV
We went with Pickfords as they were local to us in Bournemouth. They were fantastic both in UK and here in Adelaide. Cannot fault them. The teams worked tirelessly with the packing and unpacking and the communication at both ends was brilliant. The whole container took just 8 weeks to be moved from door to door.

As for being ready, well they do it all so there really isn't anything to do to prepare except to decide if there is any stuff you are not shipping which I put 'not shipping' labels on so they didn't pack it. The only thing I wish we had done was a practise pack of the suitcases we were going to take on the plane. We kept far too many clothes out which we should have shipped and we ended up leaving them with family as they took us over our baggage limit for the flight.

Everything else was done by the shippers and we just supplied loads of biscuits and made endless cups of tea!

Hope that helps!

Lyn x

By prepared I meant cleaning everything ,the camping gear ,our motorhome and car ,shoes, the telly, push bikes, 2 lambretta scooter things like that.I can't imagine how ever much tea we make them they will clean all of our stuff:biglaugh:,

Hope that helps

Kev.

We have Doree Bonner coming to us in a couple of weeks.

I was mucked around with the price with PSS so wont be using them and am awaiting on prices from Pickfords and Anglio as we speak.

My local movers are far cheaper than the next best. Masons removals of Barry/ Cardiff are worth a call. I really don't think I I'll be ready for shipping as I'm just so busy at the minute, so I'm just going to book them for next week and whatever I don't have ready will be left behind. But I am only shipping mostly tools. It won't get done otherwise

Guest lyn
By prepared I meant cleaning everything ,the camping gear ,our motorhome and car ,shoes, the telly, push bikes, 2 lambretta scooter things like that.I can't imagine how ever much tea we make them they will clean all of our stuff:biglaugh:,

Hope that helps

Kev.

OK, if you've got a car, 2 scooters and a motorhome to clean before Wednesday then you've left yourself up against it!! I don't think you'll need to clean the telly, however!

Good luck!!

Lyn x

Listen to Lyn on her first post, its an exact word for word (except Bournmouth) mirror image of our experience. When all is gone, and you only have 2 suitcases left, you can't help but wonder why you kept back 4 suitcases worth!!! Major error doh!

Edited by keldaz