475 visa validity

Guest yazan

Guest yazan

Hi everybody,

I have recieved my visa grant letter today, and it contains information which i could not under stand

visa Grant date: 03-05-2012

visa expiry date: 03-05-2015

Enter before: 06-03-2013

period of stay : 03 years saty on each arrival

does that mean my visa will expire on 03-05-2015 regardless of the first entry, or it is 3 after the first entry???

lets say i validated the visa on 01-11-2012 do i have three years since 01-11-2012 or it will expire on 03-05-2015

regards;

Hiya

Normally the visas are valid from the initial date but you have a year in which you have to come out and validate it. It will expire on 3/5/15 as ours was similar. Do you have a permenant visa ? You will only need to extend it if you intend to travel out of Australia when it has expired by which time you will be able to apply for citizenship, hope this helps

Guest yazan

Dear doodles,

i did not understand vey well your reply, does it mean that if i have validated my visa on 01/11/2012, my visa will still expire on 03/05/2015?

or it will be valid until 01/11/2015

appreciate your clarification

Guest wijaya

Hi

this is my taking about your question as I have 475 visa as well.

your visa is for 3 years from the day you arrived. The "life" of the visa is actually 4 years, so why it said that you need to enter before 6-3-2013.

So if you validated yours in 01-11-2012, you will have 3 years till 01-11-2015 to fulfill the requirement (live for 2 years and work fulltime one year during that time). If you still need time after that you will have time till 5-3-2016 to do that.

Hope this not make you confuse even more.

regards

Guest yazan

Hi everybody,

In order to be in the same scope of the thread and for the general benefit, the 475 VF visa validity is three years from date of the first entry, that what is mentioned in the grant letter.