tra skills assessment delay

Guest gilksy

Guest gilksy

Hi there, is anyone having trouble waiting for their tra skills assessment. we sent ours in september and are still waiting. Getting frustrated is an understatement. What should have been 12 weeks has turned into over 6 months.

Would love some feedback from anyone else having the same probs.

We have been using GoMatilda as our agent, has anyone out there had probs with them either.:confused:

Many thanks a very frustrated gilksy x

Guest Helchops

Hi Gilsky,

Go Matilda is highly recommended by most people on the forums; and where probably half the people on here think that agents are a waste of time, that recommendation shows they do good work. However, I would ring them and discuss your frustration - nobody knows you case like the agent and you, so they will be able to give you the best advice.

TRA does take a long time, although six months sounds extreme - have you contacted them to ask where in the queue you are? I know a lot of people are rushing to get assessments in before the July deadline...have you done everything else; IELTS, paperwork etc?

Guest gilksy

hi helchops. Thanks for your reply, yes my husband has done the EILTS test and got the pass he needed.

we have only heard good things about the agent also, thats why we chose to go with them. However when we have been waiting this long your mind starts to work overtime.

I think a phone call is in order. thanks again.

Gilksy:smile:

You would be the same Gilksy to whom I sent an email advising you of the situation with TRA skills assessments?

The same Gilksy who has exchanged several emails with other members of our team regarding your skills assessment and visa applications?

While I absolutely understand your frustrations - you have my personal email address, and I'd be obliged if you please don't make insinuations about our handling of your skills assessment application on a public forum.

Best regards.

You would be the same Gilksy to whom I sent an email advising you of the situation with TRA skills assessments?

The same Gilksy who has exchanged several emails with other members of our team regarding your skills assessment and visa applications?

While I absolutely understand your frustrations - you have my personal email address, and I'd be obliged if you please don't make insinuations about our handling of your skills assessment application on a public forum.

Best regards.

In relation to the above im sure Gilksy was only really looking for a little reassurance considering the massive move that hopefully they will be making, I have it done it myself on this forum. This forum is for help and other peoples opinions and if it helps put their mind at rest then so be it. They really said nothing untoward and just wanted peoples opinions.

Gilksy, i know the TRA are taking a whole lot longer than what they used to. However, when we used them a couple of years ago i found them really helpful when i called up. Try calling them you never know they might have some positive news for you. Just makesure you get everything else inorder in the meantime so when they come through you can put your visa app in straight away. Where are you submitting it to?

In relation to the above im sure Gilksy was only really looking for a little reassurance considering the massive move that hopefully they will be making, I have it done it myself on this forum. This forum is for help and other peoples opinions and if it helps put their mind at rest then so be it. They really said nothing untoward and just wanted peoples opinions.

<snip>

Absolutely - I completely understand. I'm pretty b****y annoyed with TRA as well, and am making what I believe to be suitable noises with TRA and DIAC.

I do though take umbrage at a post on a public forum which suggests we might be somehow at fault. By all means make concerns known on this forum. But please don't suggest that we're the cause ...

Best regards.

Guest gilksy

Hello all, Thank you all very much for your support, especially Growler.

In our experience Go Matilda have handled our case, professionally and as speedily as TRA have let them.

So i am sorry for any missunderstanding.

Guest Geoffry Bakker

I'm also waiting for my skills assessment since december 2011. It's taking a long time. I'll give them a ring soon I think

Guest Geoffry Bakker

I just spoke with my migration agents. She spoke to the TRA and they told her that the assessment would be done before the 30th of june. Not in time to do a state sponsorship though. I have to get into the new Skill select! Not happy about this!

Guest gilksy
I just spoke with my migration agents. She spoke to the TRA and they told her that the assessment would be done before the 30th of june. Not in time to do a state sponsorship though. I have to get into the new Skill select! Not happy about this!

sorry to hear that m8 hope it all works out for you in the end.........goodluck!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Geoffry Bakker
sorry to hear that m8 hope it all works out for you in the end.........goodluck!!!!!!

Just got the good news that my assessment application is Successful!

Happy about this!

Guest gilksy
Just got the good news that my assessment application is Successful!

Happy about this!

well done m8ty

enjoy your new life!!!!