New to PIA and just submitted my SS for SA.

Guest deardos

Guest deardos

Hi Guys,

I am new to Poms in Adelaide but have been on Poms in OZ for 12 months. I have been looking at PIA but never posted. The internet was a new thing when I last lived in Oz in 1999 and I could have really done with something like this when I felt quite alone in Perth. After 3 years in Perth anyone can go insain !!

Anyway I have a family now and have submitted my SS.... wondering if anyone else has done it recently ?? I have been to Adelaide and loved it there, but my circumstances are different and now thinking of grown upstuff like where are the good schools, where are the best places to live in Adelaide and how we all make new friends.

Can you help and reassure me that I have made the right decision by coming to Adelaide.

Thanks

Deardos

Guest Jennet
Hi Guys,

I am new to Poms in Adelaide but have been on Poms in OZ for 12 months. I have been looking at PIA but never posted. The internet was a new thing when I last lived in Oz in 1999 and I could have really done with something like this when I felt quite alone in Perth. After 3 years in Perth anyone can go insain !!

Anyway I have a family now and have submitted my SS.... wondering if anyone else has done it recently ?? I have been to Adelaide and loved it there, but my circumstances are different and now thinking of grown upstuff like where are the good schools, where are the best places to live in Adelaide and how we all make new friends.

Can you help and reassure me that I have made the right decision by coming to Adelaide.

Thanks

Deardos

you seem to be quite knowledgeable about living in Australia anyway, but no one can reassure you about going to Adelaide that has to be down to you by your lifestyle, what you want from it, why you chose Adelaide etc. you lived in Perth but by the sounds of it not very happily so you need to decide if Adelaide is the place for you, I could of easily gone to Perth as my husband is from there but i chose Adelaide for my reasons such as my friends there, and i feel it will be better for my girls knowing people, which will make settling easier for them.

hope it works out for you

Guest deardos

Thanks Jennet,

I know what you mean, I liked the Perth lifestyle but didnt like the feeling of being so isolated over there. I was young then and placed in a situation what I really didnt want to be in (relationshop wise). The situation has change I know have 2 kids a wife and my job is under threat over here.

I am looking for a place to settle where I can have a good standard of living and my kids can have experience I never did .... I suppose what everyone wants for their kids

Guest Jennet
Thanks Jennet,

I know what you mean, I liked the Perth lifestyle but didnt like the feeling of being so isolated over there. I was young then and placed in a situation what I really didnt want to be in (relationshop wise). The situation has change I know have 2 kids a wife and my job is under threat over here.

I am looking for a place to settle where I can have a good standard of living and my kids can have experience I never did .... I suppose what everyone wants for their kids

are you in the UK now, as for work i know what you mean with the job situation, so many under threat its mad, as for kids that's i want to do give them different opportunities and bring some quality to their life and their future, i know families who i will be meeting up with in July are thriving and their kids quality of life has improved so much. Adelaide is known for a family place and good for kids.

Guest Jennet
are you in the UK now, as for work i know what you mean with the job situation, so many under threat its mad, as for kids that's i want to do give them different opportunities and bring some quality to their life and their future, i know families who i will be meeting up with in July are thriving and their kids quality of life has improved so much. Adelaide is known for a family place and good for kids.

I'm going to the Southern suburbs a very nice family part of Adelaide by the way :biggrin:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Deardos

Good luck Deardos,

I lodged my VF 475 SS 13th March 2012. CO was appointed 18th of April 2012. I have sent my PC and all documents, waiting for the MC and I hear after that its very fast. Hope I've been helpful.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Guest deardos
Good luck Deardos,

I lodged my VF 475 SS 13th March 2012. CO was appointed 18th of April 2012. I have sent my PC and all documents, waiting for the MC and I hear after that its very fast. Hope I've been helpful.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Thanks Ali,

I have just lodgeed mine and I want to lodge to DIAC before the dreaded deadline of 1st of July ..... do you think I have a chance ? I have to send my paperwork off by courier but they should get it by the 25th of May.

I was wonder if you have submitted evidence to back up your skills assesment ie a letter from an employer and say degree?? Do you have to put your partners passport page in the pack and your kids ??

Thanks

Deardos

Guest deardos

Jennet,

I know what you mean ...... I saw the kids over there and they justed loved life. When got off the flight at Heathrow all those years ago, the first thing that hit me was is that nobody smiled and look down trodden !!

I am heading south, it looks like the right place to start with the beaches, housing and of course sunshine !!

Thanks Ali,

I have just lodgeed mine and I want to lodge to DIAC before the dreaded deadline of 1st of July ..... do you think I have a chance ? I have to send my paperwork off by courier but they should get it by the 25th of May.

I was wonder if you have submitted evidence to back up your skills assesment ie a letter from an employer and say degree?? Do you have to put your partners passport page in the pack and your kids ??

Thanks

Deardos

You are most welcome. Regarding partners/children documents I'm not sure as I'm single. I submitted the following documents to support my claim of my Resume:

-A certified copy of my BA in Hotel and Hospitality Management

-Recommendation letters from former and present employer(s)

-Pay slips

-Job contracts for the past three years

-Company organization charts

All signed and sealed by company Directors and company official stamps

I asked my agent about the deadline my CO had given me to post all relevant documents and he said that they would scan the documents and Email them prior to mailing the actual documents so the CO would know what was coming. I hope that you'll make it before the 1 July deadline and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't.

Best of luck to you and the family,:smile:

Ali