Sponsering my Neice from UK

Guest MarkSA

Guest MarkSA

Can I ask if anyone have been able to sponsor a Niece to migrate to Oz from the UK? Does sponsorship have to be a close relative, e.g. Mother, Father, brother or sister, or can an uncle sponsor a Niece? Thank you.

Guest Goochc0

As far as I am aware you can be sponsored by Uncle or Aunt

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-state-terr-rel-spon-02.htm

We may need to be sponsored by a niece to make our dreams possible so this is how I know.

I am sure someone else with more experience will come along and confirm this or correct if needed x

Can I ask if anyone have been able to sponsor a Niece to migrate to Oz from the UK? Does sponsorship have to be a close relative, e.g. Mother, Father, brother or sister, or can an uncle sponsor a Niece? Thank you.

Mark- in order to emigrate to Australia your niece needs to be eligible for a Visa - has she looked into this yet? start with wwwimmi.gov.au & also check the Visa Wizard .... she needs to have skills on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) if she is looking for a Permanent move....if she is aged between 18-30 she can have a year's travel/holiday on a Working Holiday Visa...lots of options for the future if she has the skills they want in Aus..:biggrin:

Alternatively she could also stump up approx 100quid and go and visit a reputable migration agent. I first did my own research and then had a consulation with an agent and I found this visit very useful and informative, well worth the money paid (I was located in Manchester and used a local agent).

I would however recommend doing your/her own research first as pointed out by freesia and then at least your not meeting an agent without having done any homework and you will be able to ask the questions you need answering as the research will more than likely asnwer most of the questions your thinking of right now.

Edited by Chris&Mel