new law in 2012

Guest anzolemi

Guest anzolemi

Hi Guy's,

Does anyone know how the new law in july 2012 is going to affect the 176 Visa, I am worried I am going to miss the cut off date for state sponsership on the 25th May due to the post delaying my letter of confirmation on my skills assessment.

So now I am wondering should I stick with the 176 visa and apply in July under the new Law or should I apply for the 175 visa now under the current law?

I am a mental health nurse with enough points for either visa, but the main thing is we would really love to be out in Oz for Jan 2013.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Hi, I am no expert on visa's as we used an agent to get ours, but my understanding is that from July 1st they are introducing skillselect, this means you will have to fill out an expression of interest and then wait to be invited to apply for visa. Skillselect will also be a way of states addressing regional skills shortages, so you may have to agree to live in regional area for a period to obtain visa from July 1st. Don't know what stage your at, but you will need to put completed application in before July 1st, not start the process by, theres an awful lot of paperwork to do before application. If you know for sure you have points for 175 visa, my advice would be go for it now. Not sure why you would be going down 176 route, as this is for people who need sponsorship to gain more points. I'm confident someone on here will correct me if I'm wrong, they usually do lol. Good luck.

Guest anzolemi

Thanks, for that. The reason we thought we do the 176 was purely cause it was quicker and we were planning on going to Adelaide anyway so didn't think it made any difference.

Do you know how long the 175 visa's take?? and is it basically the same paperwork as the 176?

Hi i would personally get it in way before the 1st July as of this date you will have to wait to be invited for the visa once you have shown an expression of interest...who knows what changes will happen with your occupation after that date. Its getting harder to get in i personally feel. We could have gone anywhere in oz and kept saying we were going to do it etc then suddenly we were taken of the sol list. After hours of painful phone calls in the middle of the night i finally found someone who is willing to sponsor us. Very hard work and was unnecassary as we could have done it the easy way if we had actually got on with it in the first place....good luck! x

Guest anzolemi

well I'm praying we are going to get in before July 1st. We finally recieved our skills assessment leter yesterday, so we have used DHL to get our hard documents to the state sponsership office, as they have garunteed it to be there by thursday (cut off day is friday)! and i'm kinda banking on state sponsership approving it in time so that we can apply before 1st of July. I have completed the online aplication for the 176 - other then my code, so as soon as I get it I can pay and email it.

Does any of you know what paper work i will need to attach to the application??