Provision visa (475) to PR (887)

Guest winsonwongsg

Guest winsonwongsg

Hi all,

I understand the criteria to become a PR is to work 1 year full time and 2 years of staying. Does a casual job applies if the hour of works is more than 37 hours per week?

How about part time?

thanks!

Winson Wong

Hi all,

I understand the criteria to become a PR is to work 1 year full time and 2 years of staying. Does a casual job applies if the hour of works is more than 37 hours per week?

How about part time?

thanks!

Winson Wong

You just have to meet the hour requirements. I'm waiting for the same visa so I should know:wink:

Good luck

Guest winsonwongsg

thanks all! So, 30 hours is enough? i though it should be 37 hours to consider full time. Well, i will be there in another couples of months. Will be hunting for jobs for night shift.

Jim and Adel; have you got the 887 visa (PR) with just casual work of 30 hours?

Thanks again.

Hey Winson,

I don't know if 30 hours is a week is considered full time or not. My agent told me 38 hours would do. All they've told me is that you have to fill it up by working.

Hope this helps.

Guest winsonwongsg

Thanks Ali for the info. Hope to get a job which can clock to 38 hours per week. Maybe Monday to Sunday, without rest, that will able to work out for 38 hrs :)

thanks all! So, 30 hours is enough? i though it should be 37 hours to consider full time. Well, i will be there in another couples of months. Will be hunting for jobs for night shift.

Jim and Adel; have you got the 887 visa (PR) with just casual work of 30 hours?

Thanks again.

We've got the 887 but not with casual work. When we first arrived on 475s (or 495s as they were back then) we asked DIAC to define what they meant by full time work and they said 30 hours and it didn't matter whether casual, with one employer or five as long as it amounted to 30 hours per week for a year. This might have changed (or asking someone else there might have meant a different answer - this does happen!)

Jim

Guest Max_vn

next 5 weeks I will get 50 weeks working full time, with 2 concurrent jobs. Does anyone have sample for work reference? And how to evidence the amount of 35 hours working?

Thanks!

Guest Jockson

Hello everyone,

I am staying in regional area with 475 visa. Before coming to here our company offered a job in Australia with my home country salary (International employee) and company sponsored a visa 457. Before i move here my immigration visa granted and company sponsored visa have been cancelled and my visa came into live. Unfortunately still I am taking salary in my home country currency which is converted to Australian dollars and company paying all taxes to Australian government on behalf of me. Is this creates any problem while applying for PR -887 visa? Please guide me.

Another question is my company giving international medical insurance to me. Still i haven’t taken medical insurance for my family members because I am asking company to provide medical insurance to them. If i dint take insurance for my family is this creates any problem on my PR application?

Appreciate your help on this regard.

Thanks for your support.

Jockson