Another normal thing?

Guest guest8040

Guest guest8040

Blimey the emotional roller coaster really does start once you have that visa. We're about to put the house on the market and suddenly we feel very emotionally attached to it! We moved there when our eldest was 10 months old so we have lots of happy memories attached to it. Think the lovely weather isn't helping as when we bought the house the back garden was the big selling point for us at the front we look onto fields and woods, oh and the pub is a 50m walk from our front door. Need to get the courage up to just do it and hope I'm not the first to feel this way!

You're definitely not the first and you will not be the last. We've agreed a sale on our house and are currently in the process of sorting everything out ready for the removers coming next week and my husband is starting to get emotional about leaving the house. We've been over 8 years and my youngest was born about a year after us moving in. I have the odd moment but I'm mostly thinking about everything that needs doing and don't have room left for any other thoughts. It will probably hit me more when we actually move in with my mum and stop living in the house.

Nicola

Guest Guest5035
Blimey the emotional roller coaster really does start once you have that visa. We're about to put the house on the market and suddenly we feel very emotionally attached to it! We moved there when our eldest was 10 months old so we have lots of happy memories attached to it. Think the lovely weather isn't helping as when we bought the house the back garden was the big selling point for us at the front we look onto fields and woods, oh and the pub is a 50m walk from our front door. Need to get the courage up to just do it and hope I'm not the first to feel this way!

be lucky to find the same here..

stevo

Guest The Dimmocks

We had our house for over 10 years, totally gutted it and started again. We made it our own, FIL built us an extension and we had all our kids there. We were sad to leave as it was our first home together. I am friends with the person who we sold it to and it hard seeing them change things, but it not ours anymore. We have a lovely house here, a lot bigger than our old one, on a nice big plot at the end of culdesac.

I was kinda glad when we sold ours, we also were there around 12 yrs, but I had spent so much time rebuilding and modernising I was board with it, Itchy feet you could say. I couldn't wait for a new challenge and still cant. We were both board with the same walks the only place we were not board with was the Trafford centre, we were even board with centre parcs and alton towers. the kids were gutted to leave the house, Niamh was born there and james was a toddler. All part of the master plan, or is it all a dream. Still I've bought a wetsuit and going to buy a surf board no matter what !!!!!

Guest Damien

I rebuilt my house myself, doubled the size of it, we saw both our little buggers come into the world in it......and now it's rented out to people we've never met. It is stressful but life moves on...and it just gets better and better!

Damo

I still miss my house in England - it was my "forever house".... kind of glad we sold it though as if we'd rented it out if would have been much harder to settle here! It did teach us to never again buy a house with "potential" though, and we've subsequently been able to spend a lot more time doing fun stuff and hobbies, and less time "working on the house and garden".

We had our house for over 10 years, totally gutted it and started again. We made it our own, FIL built us an extension and we had all our kids there. We were sad to leave as it was our first home together. I am friends with the person who we sold it to and it hard seeing them change things, but it not ours anymore. We have a lovely house here, a lot bigger than our old one, on a nice big plot at the end of culdesac.

We lived in ours for over 40 years! Glad I won't see it again - I'm sure its changed a lot already and it was bought by a lovely young couple planning to start a family soon! (bit like us when we first moved in). Ours here is much bigger and we love it (will love it even more when we get some heating in)