Citizenship with RSMS

Guest Pragnesh

Guest Pragnesh

:unsure:

Hi their,

I Google my question and I found this website which looks very helpful to me than going Immi website so I quick register my self and here we go.. I been living in Australia more than 5yrs. I came as on student and after study lodge TR and before 18months of TR expired last Nov'11 lodged RSMS now I have granted my RSMS last month on Apl'12 . my wife and two kids with me now its 5yrs and 3months living in Australia and now I would like to know than when we'l be eligible for Citizenship please.

4yrs after granting RSMS or 4yrs after arriving Australia by on any visa or what? I really appreciate your response please

Thanking you,

regards,

Pragnesh

You can find the details on the immi website under citizenship but basically you need to be in Oz for 4 years one of which must be as PR. So you should be able to apply next April unless you have spent significant time outside of australia in the last 4 years. Your wife will have to stay for 4 years before she can apply in her own right, if your children are under 16 years I think they can be added to your citizenship application but your wife can't.

Guest Pragnesh

Dear Rammygirl,

Thank you for yr reply but I would like to say that we are in Australia more than 5yrs and as PR 1months now so for Citizenship condition for 4yrs after PR or immi can consider 5yrs which we spent before PR? And me and my wife here same number of times and both kids born in Australia . I hope you understand my query . cheers

Guest m.jephcott

Ring the helpline on the citizinship website - they will be able to tell you excatly when you can apply. This is what I did they ask a few questions not sure if I needed my passport number can't remember but they seemed to have all our details and gave us the exact date we can apply.

Dear Rammygirl,

Thank you for yr reply but I would like to say that we are in Australia more than 5yrs and as PR 1months now so for Citizenship condition for 4yrs after PR or immi can consider 5yrs which we spent before PR? And me and my wife here same number of times and both kids born in Australia . I hope you understand my query . cheers

As I said you need to be in Oz for 4 years and at least one of these years must be as PR, time spent on a TR visa in Oz counts towards the five years. As suggested do the visa wizard posted by sachertorte.