We've arrived in Australia!!!

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

I can't believe we are finally here.

We left the UK last Tuesday and flew to Bali, which was awesome, the perfect place to get over our jet lag and stayed there for 4 days.

We are now in our 4 week temporary rental in Aldinga beach which is lovely.

So much to do now. We've sorted a hire car, activated our bank accounts, applied for a TFN, been food shopping, stocked up on wine, a bit confused about family assistance but i'm sure i'll understand it!

Its been over 4 years since we applied for our visa, i can't believe that we are finally here, its wet but we are loving it so far.

Vikki

xxx

Welcome to Australia, Vikki!!

Well done, it sounds like you've sorted a lot of stuff already! Just keep making lists and work your way through it all steadily.

The sun should shine for the rest of the week so it will be even better.

Enjoy your first few weeks and I hope you all settle in quickly.

All the best,

Lyn x

Guest Dazzlin

Really pleased for you, Vikki. We've only been here 4 weeks. You'll be amazed how quickly you can tick off those outstanding tasks. Try to come along to the monthly meet. We went on Sunday and felt really welcomed.

Daren

Guest vikkiann
We will have a short term rental in aldinga when we come in sept, how you finding it?

Aldinga beach is lovely. We'll be looking for a rental here, not too near the beach though!

We bought an intenet dongle and because we are so near the beach the signal is crap! You can't have it all though!

Guest Paula H
Aldinga beach is lovely. We'll be looking for a rental here, not too near the beach though!

We bought an intenet dongle and because we are so near the beach the signal is crap! You can't have it all though!

Ah lovely

What about work etc, do you have children?

Congratulations, you'll soon settle in. I see by your time line that it has been a long journey for you too. We are trying to sell at the moment with absolutely no interest in a market that's flat as a pancake!!! I am inspired by the fact that you've stuck with it to achieve your goal - Well done. Hope to be joining all of you guys soon. Lola and the gang xxx

Guest Crushfamily

You'll need to change to telstra - we tried O2, optus and finally Telstra when we were in Aldinga Beach. We had a place in Hack Street and telstra was good enough to Skype with!

Guest vikkiann
Ah lovely

What about work etc, do you have children?

Hubby is looking for work at the moment.

We have 4 kids who are 5, 6, 9 and 14!