Partner Points....

Guest EmmaB

Hi again all....

Dij and I are trying to get the 120 points for a full residency visa instead of the state sponsored one...we're currently have 115 and have been told that partner points could give us the extra 5 needed, has anyone else gone through this route? if so what did you need to qualify as a secondary applicant? I've heard you just need post secondary qualifications and that it doesn't matter if you don't have a degree?? is that true....any advice would be great right now as we are so close but sooooo far!!!!

Thanks

Em:wacko:

Guest deborah

Hi Emma,

I only have 115 points and i have looked into partner points.

He needs to satisfy some rquirements being:

A suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for his nominated profession and have a positive skills assessment

evidence of age

evidence of english language ability

evidence of recent work experience.

log onto www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/ to obtain up to date info.

I will probably take the english test to gain my extra points as it is cheaper and quicker. you can get 10 extra points.

debs

Go onto the

Hi Debs, thanks for that....so has your partner been ask to provide evidence of post secondary education as well all the above? as im being asked to fill out a Vetassess application form for my skills/quals (im an Office Manager with well over 3 years exp) to be assessed. I don't have a degree but did attend further education college once leaving school but not sure this is good enough? had a look on their website but there's very little info for the secondary applicants, it all relates to the main applicant.

Any help owuld be greatly received....

Guest deborah

Hi Emma,

I think you posted the same question on another thread and the replies appeared quite helpful. It takes time researching it all. I have decided to do the english test instead so that i can get the maximun points and not worry about doing 2 skills ass as it is a real pain and expense and quite time consuming.

The test is £100 and you can get info on the ILEST website. They have venues all over where do you live?

Think about it as it might be an easier option.

Are you the main applicant?

I have lost points cos i am nearly 40!! and prob won't get skills ass done in time. My profession isn't being sponsored in S.A. so can't even go down that route!

Debs

Hi Debs

We are going for the perm 175 visa also with me as the main applicant. I fall short as I turn 40 in a couple of weeks so lose 5 points on age but the hospital I want to work in will offer me a job before I get there so will make up the 5 points there. There are a few different ways to make up your points, my advice is take the easiest/cheapest. Good luck with your application.

Guest deborah
Hi Debs

We are going for the perm 175 visa also with me as the main applicant. I fall short as I turn 40 in a couple of weeks so lose 5 points on age but the hospital I want to work in will offer me a job before I get there so will make up the 5 points there. There are a few different ways to make up your points, my advice is take the easiest/cheapest. Good luck with your application.

Hi

I am hoping to get work in the community (Occupational Therapist) I have e.mailed some companies and all seem interested but not until i am ready to go and have my visa!

Any advice re getting a job offer beforehand in the health servces?

Debs