State sponsorship process suspended?

diegodanny

Dear Friends,

I have been informed that the state sponsorship process has been suspended until the 1st of July 2012.

As we are applying for 176 visa can anyone explain the ramifications of this? We are currently doing our paperwork for the skills assesment to be completed/lodged.

Should we be looking at an alternative?

What are the alternatives?

Your thoughts and knowledge are greatly recieved.

Guest lebour

If you havent complete your skills assessment yet there is no chance you will beable to lodge your application before 1 July. Therefore once you have received your positive skills assessment and IELTS results you will need to lodge an EOI with the new system - skillselect

Guest Guest6899

Every state does this every year. we were initially planning to go to Perth, i had my skills assessed, ielts then it all came to a complete stop for 6 months. when WA finally released their new smp, i was not able to apply as they had changed their entry criteria. so basically all you can do is wait and hope that when they release the new smp your chosen profession is still on and that you fit the entry criteria for experience etc.

Lisa

Guest lebour
Every state does this every year. we were initially planning to go to Perth, i had my skills assessed, ielts then it all came to a complete stop for 6 months. when WA finally released their new smp, i was not able to apply as they had changed their entry criteria. so basically all you can do is wait and hope that when they release the new smp your chosen profession is still on and that you fit the entry criteria for experience etc.

Lisa

The suspention is due to Skillselect - and all applications need to lodge and Expression of Interest to DIAC and each state will nominate people for state sponsorship. Then they will get an invitation to apply of they are successful to receive State Nomination.