176/175

soccer65

Can anyone tell me once your visa has been approved and validated how long roughly have you got before it expires , i have heard the 175 perm visa runs out after 5 years, im not sure about the state sponsored 176 visa? Also i know you get theses all the time and dont mean to sound like a broken record but could anyone confirm that a doctor would be able to certify my documents, last time my nurse friend did them for me and nobody mentioned anything now there is no mention of any medics being able to certify documents.

Cheers steve (second time lucky i hope, ping pong pom)

Thanks for that , im not sure it matters which we go for now our eldest is currently in a good apprenticeship here ( engineering) however he does want to be a police officer and basically has no chance in the UK at the moment, this mean he can finish the apprenticeship and join us later. how are you liking seaford meadows was beautiful last time we saw it ?

Guest lebour

You have 12 months from the date of your medicals or Police Checks whichever is earliest to validate your visa. 175/176 is valid for 5 years from the date granted.

If you have not applied for your visa yet - you need to look at skillselect as 175/176 visas cease to exist from 30 June 2012 for new applicants.

There is a list of people who can certify documents .

Are these documents you need to be certified for the Skills assessment or for the application process.

When applying for a visa - as long as you colour scan the "original" document - these are accepted without them required to be certified.

If you have not applied for your visa yet but have your positive skills assessment etc you need to lodge an Expression of Interest.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Guest Crushfamily
Thanks for that , im not sure it matters which we go for now our eldest is currently in a good apprenticeship here ( engineering) however he does want to be a police officer and basically has no chance in the UK at the moment, this mean he can finish the apprenticeship and join us later. how are you liking seaford meadows was beautiful last time we saw it ?

Won't he have to validate his visa within 12 months?

Hi Thankyou for your help - £50 pounds not bad at all - Which solicitors did you use? Yes steve is a big rhinos fan, not always a good thing here as we do live in Leeds but also very near to Castleford our village is very mixed between the tigers and the rhinos, try to keep out of it myself.. although thankfully steve doesnt take it all that seriously (thank god)

thanks again

Lisa

Thanks for this info Lebour - thanks to you i have realised that ive not been reading the potential visa s properly i was wondering why people were mentioning 885 etc i think its because i am that busy concentrating on getting the documents for my skills assessed that i havent really thought until now which visa to apply for. I think the best bet is to go for state sponsorphip so i will look into lodging an EOI , thanks again for the link

We know we all have to validate early but its the actual move i was worrying about with things the way they are over here house sales, jobs etc you can never predict when you will actually be ready - still trying to save like mad - things didnt work out for us very well last time we moved to oz - personal things have happened and now i know where we need to be so i have to try and change the things that made it hard for us to settle last time and one of them was not enough money saved - all this preparation will be worth it though , thanks again all for your help

Guest lebour
We know we all have to validate early but its the actual move i was worrying about with things the way they are over here house sales, jobs etc you can never predict when you will actually be ready - still trying to save like mad - things didnt work out for us very well last time we moved to oz - personal things have happened and now i know where we need to be so i have to try and change the things that made it hard for us to settle last time and one of them was not enough money saved - all this preparation will be worth it though , thanks again all for your help

It may be worth running your case past a registered migration agent - as you may have issues including your eldest child on your visa if he is working, to make sure that you dont have any issues - and can show he is fully dependent on you it would best to get advice. As it can be very hard to get a family member to Austrlalia when not included in the original visa application.

You will need a positive skills assessment and IELTS before you can lodge your EOI. (It is not worth lodging before if you dont meet the requirements as it is only valid for 2 years) 190 visa requires State Sponsorship - most states once you lodge your EOI you can approach the state for sponsorship if approved you will be invited to apply.

Your occupation assessing authority will have a list of people that can certify documents - but a JP or solicitor can.