Soooo frustrated!!

Guest EmmaB

Hi guys, think some of you will have seen my post in the migration section, im gutted and so frustrated at the moment, I feel I need to vent my frustrations somewhere so apologies in advance!!

Dij and I collectively thought we had 120 points this week meaning we could apply for perm residence of anywhere in Oz rather than going down the state sponsorship route and being restricted to Adelaide, however yesterday came the fatal blow that the 5 points I was supplying as secondary applicant couldn't be used. This was down to the fact that i don't have a degree, even as a secondary applicant I needed to have 3 yrs relevant experience (which I certainly have more of!) and either a level 4 qualification or a degree, my qualification is level 3!!! Apparently the ruling change in 2006 and they upped the stakes to higher quals....love the fact the Australia doesn't just allow any tom, dick or harry in but for goodness sake we're professional people working in London doing managerial roles and yet we're not good enough to meet this bl**dy point system arrggghhh!

Ok rant over.

Thanks for listening, it's now back to the drawing board and onto the state sponsorship with Adelaide, which is great but does restrict us for 2 years, ah well the fun journey continues!!

Em and Dij

Try to think - whatever will be -will be. Everything happens for a reason.

We were 5 points short 2 years ago. If the 5 extra points for English had been given - we would have been fine.However we would have been over 40 and lost points and still be in same position

I'm a teacher but hubby used to be an electrican - now works in printing trade in a job that's not on sol list.

Coming on a sir visa ain't that bad. Adelaide is lovely and its beginning to feel like home.

Hi there

Sorry to here about your frustrations...just a though...The state sponsorship visas (regional)...I am sure that they are applicable to other areas than just Adelaide...there are some areas of NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, Northern Territories...I am by no means an expert on this...but do check it out, as I have looked into regional options (but from a different view, I am a student in Oz looking for PR) and there was definitely more choices than just Adelaide.

Hope this helps...I only have 115 points too...if I take the English test!!!

I think i mailed you before on your other rant. You can make your points up in other ways, if you are offered a job that will give you 5 points. You should have no commitment to a specific employer, even with a permanent job offer. You can sometimes get a free initial consultation with a migration agent, maybe you could pick their brains for free and they could advise you on how to approach the 5 point defecit. If I have mailed you before sorry to repeat myself, I have lost 5 points with age but hope to go with an offer of a job. There is also the option of the temp 176 visa with a lower point threshold, not sure when you can go for permanent status with this visa, was told by a friend that you could apply for permanent status once there for 3 months on a 176 visa, that is not official fact, just passed on to me via a friend.

If you do end up having to do 2 yrs before being free in Australia I am sure it will fly by and you will have a great time while in Adelaide. You can research the rest of Australia from you permanent base in Adelaide.

Good luck with it all and let us know how it all goes for you.

Guest maxxangel
There is also the option of the temp 176 visa with a lower point threshold, not sure when you can go for permanent status with this visa, was told by a friend that you could apply for permanent status once there for 3 months on a 176 visa, that is not official fact, just passed on to me via a friend. quote]

I think that's right. I was recently reading some posts from a couple in Perth who went on a temp visa and applyed for the PR visa once they had been there a few months.

Cara

The 176 not a temporary visa but a permanent sponsored one.

It must be awful to miss the visa you want by 5 points. But where there is a will the is a way. Scour all your visa options on the immi site. As you say state sponsorship is for two years but a lot can change in 2 years. Once there and you can find a sponsor, job offer or the visa criteria changes again you can apply for a different visa to remain.

If you want it that bad you'll get there.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Pete

Guest skellysgirl

hi does the state sponsered definitely guarantee you that you can have perm-red, as long as you follow the rules

i just don't wanna go spend 2 years going through this to be told i am not eligable for PR

Guest maxxangel
hi does the state sponsered definitely guarantee you that you can have perm-red, as long as you follow the rules

i just don't wanna go spend 2 years going through this to be told i am not eligable for PR

If it's a permanent visa then yes; you would get PR straight away then I guess you would just have to stay in that area for two years. See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/index.htm

Guest EmmaB

Hi again everyone,

Thanks so much for all your emails, really appreciate the support. The last few days have been so frustrating thinking we were so close to PR, but still 2 years in Adelaide isn't a bad deal really huh ;-)

Oh and Skellysgirl, our understanding from our agent is that if you are applying on the 176 sponsorship visa this is a perm visa for that state and you need to be living there for 2 years, one of those working then you can apply for perm residence anywhere in Oz!!

Hope that helps! and thanks again all

Em and Dij